I Just Don't Like Him

Chapter 4 

It's November! My birthday month. I'll be seventeen in 15 days! I can't believe how time is flying. I meet Hannah at the front gates, happy and excited. She gives me a big hug and hands me a small box. "To start off your birthday month. I got you something." She smiles. I open it and it's a charm bracelet with a crescent moon, a sunflower, and a hippy smile. She thrusts her arm in my face and I see we have the same bracelet, missing the crescent moon. "Don't be mad but I wanted to tease you about liking Moonbin so much, hence why the moon is there." I'm too happy to care. 

"Help me put it on." I say eagerly. She nods and clasps the bracelet on my arm. I smile at it, and we link arms as we walk into school. I pass Moonbin as I head to my locker. He closes his locker and looks my way. He starts to approach us. 

"Good morning." He sing songs, putting his arm around my shoulders. I jump and push him off. Oh my god. STOP THAT. He takes a step back, a frown on his face. "Are you okay?" I turn to look at him, my face bright pink. 

"I'm great. Just wasn't expecting you to do that." He chuckles and I laugh awkwardly. "How are you?" I ask as I grab some books out my locker. He leans against a couple of lockers and shrugs his shoulders. 

"My mom made me a lunch, but I'm not craving jajangmyeon." Hannah's ears perk up. 

"What? You don't like jajangmyeon?" She questioned. Moonbin stands up and shakes his head. 

"No, I like it, I'm just not in the mood for it today. I hope they are serving tteokbokki for lunch." I smile, me too actually. The bell dings. "I gotta get to class. I'll see you guys at lunch." We say our goodbyes and Hannah and I head to science class. 

The day progresses and I find myself in math class. Right before lunch. I typically complain about math class, but I'm feeling pretty good so I'm listening attentively in class. During the lecture, a student with frizzy hair walks in. He is wearing glasses and our school uniform. I blink my eyes a couple of times; I feel like I've seen this frizzy hair before. He wasn't wearing glasses at the arcade though. "I'm sorry I'm late." He says. I gasp and a couple of students glance at me. I quickly shut my mouth and watch as he walks to the front of the class. He bows. "I'm Ren Amamiya. Nice to meet you." He says, standing back up. Our eyes make contact and his eyebrows furrow. He remembers me. 

"Why don't you take a seat next to Nabi?" My teacher questions. It takes a couple of moments for me to realize that he's talking about me. He's coming over to sit down. "Nabi, can you share your notes with him today?" I nod and he scoots his desk closer to mine. My heart is doing little flutters in my stomach. He smells like coffee. He's cute. I think to myself. He's wearing the school uniform which consist of a white button up shirt and a pair of black pants. He's wearing a sweater, a black one with the school logo on it. I notice that he has grey eyes behind his glasses.  He smiles at me as the teacher goes back to the lecture. 

"So, butterfly. That's a pretty name." I blush and nod. 

"Yeah, that's my name." I say. I want to mentally punch myself in the face. How more lame can you sound? "You were the one at the arcade, right?" He nods. 

"Sorry about your food again." I giggle. 

"It's in the past. No worries." The teacher glances at us and we get quiet.

"You have lunch next, right? Let's talk more then." I nod and go back to my notes. I watch as he copies mine effortlessly. He seems so diligent. 

At lunch, Moonbin and the others are at the table waiting for me. Hannah is engrossed in a conversation with Jinwoo. It seems they are getting close lately. I'm a little envious at how much they are comfortable around each other. Maybe they'll start dating before me. Moonbin looks up and he's a bit surprised to see Ren standing with me. Rocky looks up from his phone and looks at me. "Hey Nabi. Who is this?" He questioned. I hold out my hands.