I Hate You

Chapter 14

Ren's POV 

"We're home! " I call as Futaba and walk in. Futaba heads to her room while I head towards the kitchen. My grandparents are on the couch, causally watching tv. They smile as I walk to the fridge to grab a can of soda. I smile at them. "Hey guys, whatcha watching?" 

"Just the news." My grandfather replies. My grandmother smiles as I take a sip. 

"What's up?" I questioned. They exchange looks and then look back at me. "What?"

"We are going to Shibuya for the week, we will be back on Sunday." My grandmother says. I raise an eyebrow. 

"Any reason you guys are going to Shibuya?"

"Sojiro wants us to tend the store. He's going somewhere. He wouldn't tell us though." I think of the text earlier from Akechi and head towards the stairs. 

"Okay." I say, heading upstairs. I pull out my phone and dial Akechi's number. He picks up on the first ring. 

"Hey Ren. I was waiting on you to call. I have something to tell you." I take another sip out my soda and look towards my desk. 

"What's up?" I questioned.

"Makoko and I have started dating." I gasp. Why am I so surprised? 

"Wait, when did that happen?" 

"A little after you guys broke up. I've been wanting to ask her for a while, so I wanted to tell you before you heard it from someone else." I chuckle. Makoko and Akechi are dating. Has she been wanting to do this from the beginning? I'm almost hurt. It's like our relationship didn't mean anything to her. "Ren, you there?" 

"Yes, I'm really happy for you guys." Akechi clears his throat. 

"I hope this doesn't make things weird." I laugh, shrugging my shoulders. 

"Aye, we can't help who we fall for. Make sure you treat her better than I did." I hang up the phone and chug the rest of my soda. Futaba comes in, leaning against the door. 

"I heard all that. So, Makoko has a boyfriend. Even worse, it's a friend of yours." I scoff. 

"I don't care." Futaba smirks. 

"Your reaction says otherwise," 

"Don't you have some hacking to do?" I stand up, shoving her and closing my door. I lean against the door and sigh. Makoko has a boyfriend and I'm still hung up on Nabi. Is this karma? I go and sit on my bed and send Nabi a text. 

Ren: hey, what are you doing?

I put my phone on my chest. My phone buzzes. 

Nabi: hanging out with Moonbin. you?

I groan and toss my phone on the floor. Do they ever get tired of each other? 

"Goodnight Mrs. Hyosun!" I call as Moonbin closes the door. He leans against the door and smiles at me. How does he manage to look this good even in a cast? 

"Should I walk you home?" He suggests. I shake my head. 

"You can't even wear a jacket. You'll freeze to death." He chuckles. 

"Are you concerned about me?" I giggle, moving a little closer to him. 

"Always." He leans into me, giving me a long lingering kiss. When I pull away, I'm smiling. "I love you." He kisses my forehead.