Don't Tell Anyone

Chapter 9 

It's finally winter break. I haven't talked to Moonbin since the dance. I keep wishing that he'd send me a text or something, but my phone is dry. Hannah won't talk to me either. She's pissed I bailed on the dance and left her hanging. Worst of it, I won't tell her what happened either. What am I supposed to say to her? Hi, my boyfriend punched me. She'd never let Moonbin live it down.

All during school, I wore makeup to cover up the bruise. Thankful by the end of December, my face started to heal up. The swelling went down a couple of days after the fight, but the bruise was bright and there. Now it looks like a little mark. I'm thankful, wearing makeup is exhausting. 

Today, I'm going to see Sana. I told her that I'm dating Moonbin and she wants all the details. I pick up my duffel bag and head out the door. I'm taking the bus to the bus station and then heading to Busan. As I close the front door, I look up to see Moonbin waiting at the end of my driveway. He has his hair split down the middle and he's wearing a pair of light blue jeans, a white t-shirt; tucked in of course, and his beige cardigan. I think that cardigan is his favorite because he's always wearing it. 

I head to the end of the driveway and stand in front of him. I try to open my mouth, but he speaks before I can say anything. "I miss you." I look at him, my face light pink.

"I miss you too." He glances at my bag. 

"Going to Busan today, aren't you?" I nod. He smiles a small smile. 

"Allow me to walk to the bus?" I shrug my shoulders and he takes my duffel bag and we start walking down the street. The weather is cold but not freezing. Isn't he cold in just a cardigan? "Nabi, I'm sorry I didn't reach out sooner." I don't say anything. It's fair to say it's both our faults but I don't say that. "I needed some time to think about what I did." He looks down at the ground. "I don't deserve to be your boyfriend." I look at him. 

"It's really okay." He shakes his head. 

"It's not okay. I should have been more careful."  I stop and he does too. His eyes don't meet mine. 

"Moonbin, look at me." He hesitates but looks up at me. His eyes are wet. I reach my hand up and stroke his cheek, His warm tears fall on my hand. They feel cold as the wind brushes past us. "You don't have to cry. I wasn't mad then and I'm not mad now." He wipes his face and I smile. "Everything is okay." He leans down and kisses me. I kiss him back. He kisses a little harder and faster and my heart is doing flutters as he pulls me closer, holding me by my waist. I melt into him, never wanting him to let me go. I think out of everything, I've missed this the most. Being this close to one another. He pulls away and takes a breath, leaning back down for more. I smile as we kiss again. I'm going to miss my bus; I think to myself as we kiss more. I pull away and he frowns. "I'm going to miss my bus." I whisper, wiping my lips with the back of my hand. He laughs and I laugh too. He reaches for my hand and we walk together.

"I promise I'll never hit you again." I smile. 

"It was an accident." I squeeze his hand. "You do owe me a date though. I never got to war my dress." He smiles. 

"You got it. I'll take you out as soon as you come back." We giggle and head towards the bus stop. This feels so much better. I've missed him so much. I never want to go this long without talking again.

Ren's POV

"Ren!" Ann calls. I look up and smile. It's my friends. Makoko gets out the van and smiles at me. I walk up to her and give her a kiss. Man, I've missed her. Yusuke waves as the others approach me.