Mistakes

Chapter 17 

Moonbin's POV 

I feel like shit. I broke up with my girlfriend. I broke up with her because she likes someone else. I told myself that'd we be okay, overcoming it together. I guess I wasn't okay with it. I hate Ren. I hate him so much. Why did he even have to show up here in the first place? My phone buzzes. I pull it out and see it's a message from the group chat that Ren created. 

Ren: lets meet at a cafe. hope you guys started the assignment. 

I roll my eyes. I haven't even thought about the assignment. My phone buzzes again. 

Nabi: im sick, you guys can go without me. 

I sigh. Maybe I should bail too. Ren sends another text. 

Ren: how about it Moonbin? want to meet at a cafe? 

I scoff. Not really, but I need to start this assignment. I send a text. 

Moonbin: sure, let's meet at school and go from there. 

I toss my phone on my bed and stand up. My pink hair is fading. I should dye it blonde next. I head to the bathroom to get ready. Ren is waiting at the front gates as I approach him wearing a white turtleneck with a black jacket and a pair of black pants. I'm wearing a pair of low-rise black boots. He doesn't smile when he sees me. Was he prepared to see Nabi with me? "So, where do you want to go?" I question. He turns around, his black jacket whistling in the wind. 

"Follow me." He says. I glare at him as I follow behind him. What does Nabi see in him that she doesn't see in me? I run my hand through my hair as we stop at a quiet cafe. Why was I expecting him to take us to Starbucks or something? I chuckle to myself as we head inside. He walks to the counter while I stand there, watching him. He turns around, looking at me. "Do you want something?" I shake my head. He turns his attention back to the counter and I slip my hands in my pocket. It's taking everything in me to not text Nabi. Was this a mistake? He returns with a coffee in his hand. We go towards the back of the cafe and take a seat. "Would you like to read what I wrote?" He suggest. Hell no. 

"Sure." He pulls out his bag and pulls out a notebook. He pushes the notebook towards me, and I look at his handwriting. It's awful but I'm sure mine is worse. I start reading. 

She looks like type people wouldn't give a second glance at. That isn't the case for me. I approach the front of class and her eyes land on mine. She squints a bit. Is it possible she remembers me? I introduce myself to the class and go take a seat next to her. My palms are sweaty as I turn to look at her. Her face is beautiful. She has a round face with brown eyes and pearly white teeth. I like the way her lips curve into a smile as glances at me. "Looks like we meet again." She whispers. I chuckle. 

"So we do." I smile. "What's your name?" She glances at the board before looking at me. 

"Nabi, like the butterfly." I grin and the teacher glances at us. I look down at my desk. "Share your notes with me." She pushes her notes closer to me so she I can see. "I like you; I hope we get along." 

I stare at his words. Everything about it pisses me off. So, it's true. He's liked her since day one. He glances at me. "What do you think?" 

"It's good." I lie. He takes the notebook back and takes a sip out his cup. 

"So, do you have anything?" He questioned. I shake my head. 

"I can come up with something on the spot though. Gimme a second." I pull out a piece of paper and start writing away. 

I walk into the cafeteria and stop when I see someone sitting with her. Who the fuck is this guy and why does she look more comfortable with him then she does with me? My friends are sitting at the table, making small talk among themselves. I sit across from Nabi and this new face. Nabi is smiling. "This is Ren." She says, pointing at him. Ren blushes.