How Can I Believe You

Chapter 8 

Today is the dance! I can barely focus as I sit in science class. Hannah and I went shopping for dresses a couple of days ago and I got a really pretty black long sleeve dress with a little slit running down. It's a bit long but it's so pretty and I think Moonbin will like me in it. Hannah decided on a long sleeve knee length dress that sparkles in the light. I haven't decided how I'll do my makeup but I'll try to keep it light and simple. Too much makeup will ruin the outfit. The bell dings and I gather my things and sprint out the door. Hannah is right behind me. "Where are you going in a hurry?" She questioned. I point to Moonbin who is waving at me from his locker. She rolls her eyes as she giggles. "You guys are so gross. I'm heading to class." She turns the other way and Moonbin walks over to me, running a hand through his hair. It's split to the side a bit and I can see some of his forehead. He kisses me, in which I kiss back. I can't wait to see him tonight all dressed up. 

"Hey," He says, sliding his hand in mine. I smile as we walk down the hall. 

"Hey, are you excited for the dance?" He nods. 

"I can't wait to see what you decided on. I got something nice too." I beam as he squeezes my hand a bit. "Let's skip creative writing and head to my house." I look up at him. 

"Why? Dance isn't till seven." He leans close to my ear, whispering in it. 

"I want to spend a little time alone with you." My ears flush red and he pulls away, letting go of my hand. 

"See you at lunch." I watch as he walks away. I want to spend a little alone time with you. What could that mean? I mean, it's not like I don't want to spend alone time with him, but why would he say that? I head to my next class. 

I walk into math, surprised to see Ren sitting at his desk next to me. I guess today he feels like talking to me today. I take my seat next to him and start getting my things out my bag. "Good morning." He says, not looking at me. I look at him and our eyes meet briefly. I quickly look away. 

"Good morning." He doesn't say anything for a couple of moments. I want to ask him why he's talking to me today? He's so confusing. I mean, boys in general are confusing.

"I'm sorry about yesterday. I shouldn't be so rude to you." I don't say anything. "I don't know how to get things back to normal. You are my only friend here and I can't even talk to you without your psycho boyfriend coming for me." I turn to glare at him. 

"He's not a psycho." I say, sounding defensive. Ren sighs. 

"I miss you. I really miss you." I turn my head back towards the board. Ren misses me?  Class starts and I listen to the lecture, taking notes when needed. I miss you. I really miss you. I sigh as I shake my head quickly before turning my attention back into class. What the fuck? Could the others be right? Does he have a thing for me after all? Is that friendship worth ruining your relationship?  No, of course not. Moonbin is priority first and foremost. The bell dings and I start to gather my things. Ren touches my shoulder and I look at him. "Listen, I'm not trying to come between you and Moonbin. I just want my friend back." I turn my attention back to my things and stand up. 

"I don't think we can be friends Ren." I say, looking at him. He looks hurt and I look away. "My boyfriend isn't comfortable with it." I head towards the door but he's right behind me. 

"What if I told you that I didn't care? What if I told you... what if?" What if what?  He shakes his head. "Nevermind." He walks pass me. I want to stop him, ask him to finish his sentence but maybe it's for the best that I don't know. 

Ren's POV

I want to rip my hair out. What the hell was I about to say to her? I like you. I can't stop thinking about you? I'm debating on leaving my girlfriend to win you over? I head to the cafeteria where I bump into Moonbin. I take a step back as he narrows his eyes at me. His face is almost healed up. I can still see the cut on his right eyebrow but the swelling in his face has gone down. "Watch where you're going." He says. I walk pass him and head to the lunch line. I grab a tray of food and head to a table that gives me a view of the door and Nabi's table. Moonbin and his friends are chatting away. Nabi's friend is eating her food and jumping into the conversation when she feels it is okay. Where is Nabi?