I Love You

Chapter 12

Moonbin's POV

I lie in bed, thinking tonight over and over again. The way she kissed me. How she felt underneath me. How our breathing was so heavy I thought I was gonna pass out. I miss her, terribly. I close my eyes as I hear her in my head. I did value our friendship. She actually might miss him and that doesn't sit right with me. Am I being too paranoid? Shouldn't I trust what she says? Am I being possessive of her? I open my eyes and groan. It's about midnight. I wonder is Rocky awake. I call him and he picks up on the third ring. "Moonbinnnnnn!" He shouts. I hold the phone from my ear. Is he drunk? "What's up man?" I sigh and I hear him guzzling something down. Is he drinking?

"Hey, I'm just in bed. What about you?" I hear a crash and I raise an eyebrow. "Are you alright?"

"I'm fine. I just tripped. I'm at home drinking. I'm online if you want to get on and play a round of jump force." I shake my head.

"No man. I gotta talk to you." I say. He clears his throat and it's almost like he sobered up.

"What's up?"

"Nabi said Ren talked to her before winter break. He said he missed her. When I asked her if she missed him, she said she valued their friendship. Should I be worried?" He laughs and I sigh. "I'm serious man. I feel like I'm being possessive of her. I don't want to push her away. I lov-" I stop.

"You love her?" My heart is beating fast. I think I do. He sighs. "What do you want me to say?"

"Tell me I'm not being paranoid." He chuckles and I groan.

"You know, I'm not one to lie to you. I think your being a bit possessive of her. Nabi should be allowed to be friends with anyone without feeling like she's gonna lose you."

"Did you talk to her?"

"I didn't. I'm just saying, if you are feeling these thoughts, maybe you're feeling a bit bad about your behavior towards her." I look at the ceiling. He's probably right. "You there?"

"I'm here."

"You should get some sleep. I'll see you at school tomorrow." The line goes dead, and I hang up the phone. I want to call Nabi, but I know she's asleep. I close my eyes; I need to try to get some sleep too.

The next day, I wake up to the sun shining in my face. I groan as I rub sleep from my eyes. I start to get ready for school. As I head to school, I send Nabi a text. I wonder if she on her way to school too.

Moonbin: hey, are you on your way to school?

Nabi: sadly, im exhausted and its only our second day back from vacay. lol.

I smile.

Moonbin: cant wait to see you. :")

Nabi: me too. :3

I slip my phone back into my pocket and keep walking. As I approach school, I bump into MJ. He's dyed his hair back to black and it's pushed out his face. His brown eyes beam when he sees me. "Good morning," He says.

"Morning." I say. I look around; I don't see her yet. We fall into step as we head through the front gates. "How are you?" We make small talk and I wait at the front door for Nabi. She should be walking through anytime now. Ren closes his car door and pushes the alarm on it, making it beep twice. He approaches us with a wave. MJ waves back while I just stare at him. Let's just put things behind us. He's about to walk away when I stop him. "Hey Ren." What am I doing?  He stops, looking back at me.

"What's up?" He questioned. I bite my bottom lip.

"Hey guys!" Rocky calls from a distant. I look around Ren to see him and Nabi walking together. I smile when I see her. She smiles back at me as she slowly walks up to us. I sling my arms over her shoulders.