Press Meet and His Anger

Gulabi ankhein jo meri dekhi,
Diwana har dil hogya,
Sambhalo khud ko, zara becharo

My Alarm rang as I got up and checked the time it was 8:00 and the conference was at 10:00,I quickly took a bath and got changed into black kurti,blue jeans pairing it with a blue dupatta.

I made my way to the hall in the hotel where the press conference is supposed to happen,I checked if everything is arranged properly or not and then informed the reporters to ask rational questions and not go too personal

At sharp ten Bira entered with Mr Khanna following behind,they took a seat as I stood behind them in a corner.

"Mr Malhotra why are you rested in this series and is Mr Khanna leading the team in your absence"The first question was asked.

"I am rested in this series as I have sustained a small niggle while practicing its nothing serious but for precautionary measures the management and I have came to this descision and yes Neil is leading the team in this series as he is perfectly capable of leading the team in my absence"Bira explained and this was the main reason the press conference was held in the first place as we didn't want any leaks or confusion.

The meet proceed with some more questions about squads,matches and some other stuff,keeping it all professional which I was grateful about.

"Mr Khanna my question is directed towards you we have seen your daughter a lots of time during the matches and even on social media but have never seen your wife any reason for that"I facepalmed at the question ofcourse I said it too early,India media is the worst,the dog's tail can never be straight.

"It would be great if we keep the question limited to the series instead of going personal"Bira replied calmly while I could see Mr Khanna clenching his fist trying to calm his anger.

The press meet was finally done after half an hour and thankfully no one dared to go personal after that.

"Avu once you have wrapped this up come to my room"Bira informed as I nodded he seems extremely serious and it's a really rare occurrence.

I quickly looked on to the wrap up process and made my way towards Bira's room,I could hear loud voices from inside knocking the door once inorder to make my presence known I entered inside.

Bira was slumped down on the couch with a frown on his face while Mr Khanna was standing by the window with his jaw clenched.

"Why didn't you inform them to know personal when Abir clearly mentioned it to you"Mr Khanna roared turning towards me as I took a step back.

"Mr Khanna I informed them not to ask anything personal"I said trying to keep my voice steady as it would be a lie if I told I wasn't intimidated by him.

"Then why did he asked that stupid question"He asked raising his voice as tears pooled around my eyes.

"Neil calm down she had told the media but you know how nosy Indian Media is about our lives"Bira kept a hand on Mr Khanna's shoulder,he just shook his head and left the room.

"Avu don't take it to heart he said it in the heat of moment you go and rest we have a series coming up"I nodded as he hugged me.

I decided on going to the terrace to calm my mind,I leaned against the parphet staring into the sky above playing with the necklace I was wearing.

I don't know why I was missing my mom and dad a lot I wish they would have been here although I have Bira who is like a brother to me I feel lonely sometimes and wish for them to be alive.

"Ms what are you doing here and are you sad"A child's voice pulled me out of my thoughts as I saw Sam standing there with a cute smile on her face making me smile too,her smile is infectious.

"I came here to just spend some time and no I am not sad"I replied

"No you are sad even Dadda was sad let me think what would make you happy"She said and tapped her fingers on her chin making me chuckle.

"Hot chocolate"She exclaimed

"Ok Hot Chocolate it is"I said and took my hand in hers as we made our way to the cafe in the hotel.

"Ms what is your favourite color"She asked as now we were sipping our hot chocolate.

"Sam you don't need to call me Ms you can call me Avni and yes my favourite color is Blue"I replied.

"Ok I will call you Avu just like Abir Chachu"She said as I nodded.

I felt as if someone was looking at us I turned around to see but no one was there I shook my head and focused my attention back on Sam.

******
Here is the update, do tell me did you like Avni and Samaira's bond?