A picnic and A Date

The sunrays peeped into my room through the blinds as I groaned getting up,I contemplated whether to go back to sleep or to get up and start the day.

Selecting the second option I picked up a creme color kurti with a slit and a denim jeans heading into the bathroom.

I made my hair in a low ponytail wearing my daily accessories before making my way to the kitchen and made myself a hot chocolate

"Hello"I replied my phone which was ringing.

"Hey Avu we are going to the garden are you coming with us"Bira asked from the other side of the phone.

"Sure I will be at your house in ten"I replied as I had a free day and had nothing better to do and sometimes being alone gets too much.

I washed the cup before leaving for Bira's house.

"Sam you are here too"I asked entering the house as I noticed Sam,Kia and her were playing some puzzle.

"Avu"She exclaimed running towards me and hugged me as I hugged her back and then Kia hugged me too.

"Avu come play with us"Sam tugged at my hand.

"Yes Masi come with us you are great at puzzles"Kia agreed as both of them dragged me to the playing mat.

We played with the puzzles till the time Mishti and Abir came out all ready and we all left for the garden.

Mishti and I laid the mat on the grass while Bira kept the basket and arranged all the food on it as we all sat in a circle.

"Kia,Sam how about we let this oldies talk and we go and play"I asked as the two nodded.

"Very Funny Avu"Bira sarcastically remarked as I hit him lightly on his shoulder and he did the same to me.

"Shall we play"Kia asked holding the ball in her hand as I nodded.

I passed on the ball to Kia and she passed it to Sam,we played like that for some time.

"I will bring the ball"Sam ran towards the bench where the ball has rolled over while Kia and I waited for her to bring it.

I saw a lady approaching her as she picked up the ball.

"Kia you go to mama and papa,I will come taking Sam"I said as Kia nodded and ran where Mishti and Bira were talking.

I beelined to Sam as she was talking to the lady.

"Sam you shouldn't talk to strangers"I scolded her a little picking up her in my arms.

"Oh she is anything but a stranger to me"The lady murmered but I heard her.

"What"I asked frowning my brows at her.

"Nothing she resembles someone I know"She said with a laugh.

"So Sammy are you hungry"I asked as we walked towards Bira,Mishti and Kia.

"Yes a lot"She exclaimed rubbing her stomach.

"Then how about some really tasty food and hot chocolate after"I asked chuckling as she nodded excitedly kissing my cheeks.

I put Sam down as she sat beside Kia and Mishti handed her a plate full of Paneer and Chapati and handed me one too after I sat beside Sam.

"You are the best cook Mishti"I said eating the food.

"Sam shall I feed you"I asked her as she was staring at Mishti feeding Kia,she nodded and handed me her plate.

I feed her first and then had lunch myself and then all of us drank hot chocolate which I had made.

"Masi,Sam you two look same same"She pointed and I realised that Sam and I both had hot chocolate mustache.

I wiped my mouth first and then Sam's with the tissues Mishti handed me.

"Now shall we leave the sun is setting"Bira asked as Mishti and I nodded it's starting to get dark.

We all made our way to Abir and Mishti's house,the two little girls were really tired after playing in the park.

"Don't you two have a date today"I asked raising my brows at the two,we usually go and this kind of outings during the day and Mishti and Bira have a date night while I look after Kia.

"We had but since Sam is here we decided on cancelling it"Bira replied

"You two can go I can look after the two"I suggested

"No how can we,Neil has told us to look after Sam "Mishti asked

"Comeon I can look after the two you can go"I insisted as I didn't want them to cancel the plan,the two of them rarely get quality time due to their professions.

"Ok"Both of them added reluctantly as I nodded and the two left.

I look towards the two girls who has already fallen asleep on the couch,I bought a quilt and covered them properly before sitting beside the two reading my book.

*******