A visit to Neil's house

I was walking from one end to another chewing on my nails as Mishti and Abir stared at me.

"Would you please stop walking "He asked rubbing his forehead.

"And would you please tell me why I need to visit Neil's house"I asked staring at him wiping off my sweaty palms with my pajama pants.

"It would be better if Keerti tells you that"Mishti replied shaking her head at Bira.

"And who is Keerti now"I asked stopping my walk now.

Bira and Mishti came to my house telling me that I need to go to Neil's house without giving me any context.

"Avni you will get all your answers once you reach there please go and get ready now we need to leave"Bira explained and I nodded not asking any further questions as he uses my full name when he is extremely serious.

I quickly threw on a red kurti and blue denims and roamed the comb through my hair before making my way back to the living.

"Let's leave"I made my presence as the two nodded and I locked my apartment door

"Aren't you coming with us"I asked Mishti seeing her sitting in another car.

"No I need to go home Kia will be home soon and I have to go to the hospital in the evening"She replied before driving off as I nodded.

I got into the passenger seat as Bira started driving.

What is so important is that Bira sounded so serious and why do I need to go to Neil's house,Is Sam ok and who is Keerti and why would it be better if she tells me what she is going to tell me.

"We are here"Bira shook me slightly as I looked out to see we were in front of a mansion.

I nodded and got down from the car.

"Avu"I heard Sam's voice as we were on the threshold of the house and she came running towards me.

"How are you Sammy"I asked picking her up and kissed her cheeks.

"I am fine"She replied giving me her cute smile.

"Hello Uncle,Hello Aunty"Abir greeted the elderly couple sitting on the sofa as we entered.

Then he went on to hug them.

"Meet my friend Avni"He pointed towards me.

"And Avni meet Neil's mom Swetha Khanna and his dad Prakash Khanna"

"Hello"I meekly said to them meeting new people and mingling with them isn't my forte ofcourse children being expection.

"Hi Beta"Mrs Khanna said giving me a smile while Mr Khanna smiled and nodded at me.

"By the way where is Keerti we are here to meet her"Bira asked

"She is upstairs in Neil's room both of them are waiting for you"Mr Khanna instructed as Bira nodded.

"Sam baby come"Mrs Khanna motioned for Sam to get down.

"Can't I go with Avu to meet Dad and Keerti Bua"She asked making a sad face.

"Ok"She pouted and got down from my arms as Mrs Khanna shook her head.

"I will take you to Neil's room"Bira said as I nodded.

"You would have loved meeting Naira, Neil's sister but seems like she is somewhere out"Bira said as I nodded looking around the house as we climbed the stairs.

"Here,I will wait for you downstairs"He pointed to the door at the far end of the hallway.

I could here some noises coming from inside as I knocked on the door Bira instructed me.

"You would we Ms Dhawan right"The lady asked forwarding her hand to me.

"Avni would do fine"I gave her a small smile shaking hand with her.

"Sure Avni come inside"She replied returning the smile as I nodded and entered inside I saw Neil sitting on the sofa. 

She motioned me to sit beside Neil as I took the seat and she sat in front of us on a chair.

"So Avni I am Keerti Singhania,I am a lawyer"She introduced herself but I still don't understand a thing why does she wants to meet me.

"So I have called you here........"

******
Here is the update hope you all liked it,sorry for the delay.