New Kid

*Updated 1/12/24*

A/N: Hi, I didn't have any inspiration for what I was writing, so I changed it a bit. It will still be Felinette vs Adrienette, but will be more enemies to lovers type for the Felinette part.

The next day, Marinette woke up a new person. She felt free. No longer going to pine after the person that's rejected her time and time again. If he thinks she's just a good friend, then that's what she's going to be. And with a new change of heart, naturally, a new wardrobe.

"I think I'm going to try a new look, a new look to show the new me" Marinette said, excited about the change. Knowing it was for the better. 

Tikki just responded saying "I think that's a great idea, but we only have about 10 minutes so i'd hurry up" 

"OH NO! I thought I had way more time!" said Marinette. Quickly, swooping around her room like the flash, Marinette grabbed one pair of dark was mom jeans, a pair of doc Martens, and a cropped tank top with a cardigan to put over it. After getting dressed, she skilfully tied her hair into a half up half down style. 

She looked good, and she felt good. That was until she looked at the time and realized class had started and she should've been at the school 5 min ago. "Oh shoot Tikki, c'mon lets go" she said, opening her purse for tikki to fly into.

As she walked into class, she tried to draw as little attention to herself as possible. Unfortunately for her, a certain yellow wearing blonde haired girl loved making her life as miserable as possible. "Marinette, you made it, I thought you had been taken away with this mornings trash" Chloe said, interrupting the class herself. 

Just as she was about to defend herself, she heard an unfamiliar voice saying, "Chloe, the world would be a better place without you broadcasting your opinions". 

When Marinette looked up to see who it was, it was a boy who looks like Adrien, but his hair is neeter, and he's more elegantly dressed in black cargo joggers and a knit tight fitting black long sleeve shirt. His eyes an electrifying green.

That's when she realized who it was. Felix. Adrien's cousin. She recalled their last time meeting, and let's just say, she wasn't a fan. That kind of negative view of a person comes along with the territory of getting all her friends akumatized while simultaneously trying to trash Adrien's reputation with his friends. 

"Marinette. Now that you're finally here, this will be your new seat partner Felix, he's Adrien's cousin from Britain, and you're going to help him get adjusted to the school seeing as you are class rep. Which you would've known all this if you had made it to school on time". Miss Bustier said.  

"Yes, sorry Ma'dam" she replied, embarrassed. Making her way back to her seat, she unintentionally made eye contact with Adrien. He sent her a smile, but all she could do was lock eyes with the floor. Yesterdays events still too fresh in her mind.

When she took her seat, she could feel a pair of eyes staring into the side of her head. Looking over for a moment, and just a moment, she could see that Felix was looking at her. Most likely wanting to start a conversation. However, she had no intentions of talking with him. Trying not to react, she kept her head forwards, not saying anything. 

After a bit more silence, he finally spoke. "You know, it's considered rude not to introduce yourself," Felix said, studying his new classmate. He had to admit, she was very pretty. But Felix knew better, he knew girls. Especially the ones from his old school. And he assumed she'd probably just like the rest, eager for attention. 

"And some consider it rude to mess with your cousin's friends," Marinette replied, even toned, not even sparing him a glance.

Taken aback, this was the last thing Felix expected, his brows furrowed in confusion. At this point, usually the girl would already be throwing themselves at him. Meanwhile Marinette wouldn't even give him the time of day. That's when it hit him. I've seen her before, he realized.  Those video messages for Adrien I responded to, she was one of them, how could I forget.  Determined, and frankly bored, he decided he would get her to talk to him, not having anything else to do.