Explain Yourself

*Updated 3/19/24*

"Ladybug!" Stealth said, leaning down to Ladybug's level, right next to her on the pavement. Placing his arm on her back, he tried to comfort her. Realizing the difficulty of comforting someone while hiding, as best as he could, his own panic and fear that tried bubbling to the surface. Realizing that the only reason Hawkmoth probably took away the akuma was because he didn't need it since he now knows who Ladybug is.

Now leaning down on her other side was Adrien, who instinctively grabbed her hand softly. "Are you ok? Where does it hurt?!" he asked, scanning over her, trying to assess the situation. Still not having been able to fully process that this was Marinette. That under the mask is his classmate.

Now able to take full and controlled breaths, Marinette still started to feel dizzy. She looked on her left to see Adrien, adn on her right to see Felix, but neither quite looked in focus. Staring straight ahead, she grabbed her head with her hands, shaking it back and forth in frustration.

"Oh no, what did he do, no nono no no..." she began mumbling. The full weight of the situation at hand felt as constricting as the belt that was cutting off her breathing just moments ago.

Forcing himself into her sightline, Adrien knew the only way they'd get through this was to help calm her down. And to do that he needed to grab her attention. And what better way to do that then call her by her real name, as Adrien. Not Chat Noir.

"Marinette, please, we're here..." he said, still processing that she is the girl whose name just left his mouth.

Hearing HER name, she went still for a moment.

She moved her head up, looking right at him, still still. Adrien looked into Ladybug's eyes, into those eyes. And cursed himself for being so blind. How could he have not seen it? Or maybe he just didn't even want to believe it could've been possible, knowing that if he was wrong the hurt would be too much to bear.

But now, looking into her eyes, he knew for certain, without a doubt, that that was Marinette.

That sinking feeling plaguing Felix's mind from earlier in the night was now so clear. This is what he felt coming. All of this, and boy did it feel worse than he could've ever imagined. Hawkmoth knows.

Suddenly, he became hyper aware of the fact that they were outside. Out in the open, like sitting ducks.

Looking to Marinette and Adrien, Felix made the executive decision that they've talked enough, that Adrien didn't need to talk with her even more. With that decision in mind, as Stealth, he wrapped one arm around her waist, and the other under her legs. Catching her off guard, and clearly catching her attention.

With their faces only inches apart, Felix had to re-catch his thoughts for a moment, losing them in her eyes.

Clearing his throat quickly, he told her, "Marinette, you're no longer safe here, or anywhere. Hawkmoth knows. We need to get you inside".

Adrien watched their interaction carefully, with narrowed eyes. And that's when he realized something, "Felix, how are you not surprised to find out ladybug is Marinette?".

And with that thought brought up a memory. Thinking back to Leading Lady, Felix somehow knew for certain Ladybug wouldn't be available to help him. And that's when he was looking for Marinette. "Wait, did you already know?!"

Before Felix could give his take on the situation, Ladybug quickly interrupted him. "Hold on, you know Stealth is Felix?!"

Now interjecting the both of them, Felix said, "There's no time, we need to get you inside, safely".