Grudges

A/N: Hi guys, I'm finally back from Spring break, and now that I have my computer again, I'll be trying to get out updates every night or every other night. Sorry for the delay, and I hope you enjoy the story.

*Updated 3/4/24*

As dusk turned to the deep dark sky, the park looked beautiful  as string lights ran from tree to tree, bringing light in a spectacular scene. 

A smell of freshly baked goods filled the air, surrounding  Adrien in a pillow of pastries. The smell grew stronger and stronger the farther along he walked, the source practically pulling him in. 

There, farther down the path, was a person sitting on a park bench all by themselves. Their back facing him. As he grew closer, the person began taking shape. It was a girl. 

Her hair was as dark as the night sky, silky smooth. The moon shone down on her as if it was her own personal spotlight. Entranced by her beauty, he walked closer and closer, the intoxicating smell only getting stronger.

Suddenly, she stood up. Waiting in anticipation for her to turn around, Adrien stood still. But she never did. That's when he appeared, Felix. Felix dashed into the scene like her white knight. Swooping in, taking her in his arms, and spinning her around till she planted herself with her hands on his shoulders. 

He could see the girl now as clear as day; Marinette. Adrien tried all he could do to run over to her. But he was stuck, unable to move. He tried to call out to her, get her attention, but his pleas fell on deaf ears. It was as if he was completely invisible.  

"Kid, KID! WAKE UP!"

"Huh, what happened?" Adrien asked, startled awake by his Kwami, still in a bit of a haze from his nightmare. 

"You wouldn't stop mumbling and I need my beauty sleep" Plagg told his owner. 

Adrien could fully remembered his dream. And with remembering his dream, he realized that if he was mumbling, then it probably had something to do with Marinette. He hoped his mumbling was incoherent enough where he wouldn't of said anything that could be used against him. "Plagg, what was I even saying?".

Plagg was going to have fun with this one, "Oh, not much..." he said, lullying Adrien into a false sense of security. 

Adrien sighed a breath of relief, lying back down in his bed to hopefully sleep for another hour until he had to get ready for school. 

Just as the room leveled out to a peaceful quite, Plagg began saying, "Marinette! Marinette! Please! Look at me!", his tone mocking Adrien. His reenactment followed by some evil laughing. 

Embarrassed, and mortified, Adrien sighed in exhaustion, knowing Plagg is never going to let this go. To drown out the sound of Plagg's mocking, Adrien plopped a pillow down onto his head. I'm never living this down. 

Meanwhile in the other room, Felix had been up just as early as Adrien. But instead of wanting to fall back asleep, he had been preparing himself for his lunch 'Date' with Marinette.

Without having to think about it, her sketches he had seen the other day came to mind. How they are amazing, rivaling and even surpassing his uncles. Maybe she'll be the head of Agreste fashion one day, that'd be a sight.

While continuing to get ready, he couldn't stop playing his conversation with Adrien over and over in his head. I don't think I've ever seen Adrien raise his voice, ever. And now he's doing it over a girl he can't even admit that he likes? At least she's definitely not talking to him at the moment. That's an advantage I'd like to keep for the moment.