The Brains of the Family

*Updated 3/5/24*

Felix sat in Adrien's chair, waiting for a response from him. He was here for one reason and one reason only, to make sure Marinette made it home safely after the attack.

"So, where is she?!" Felix shouted. He wasn't having any of Adrien's bullshit. 

"Where is who?" Adrien said. He just had the most amazing nights, besides the cracked rib, and Felix wasn't going to get in the way of his plans-if that's what you could call them.

You couldn't practically see red in his eyes as Felix stood up, walking over to Adrien. "Oh you know EXACTLY who I'm talking about! No one has heard from her or seen Marinette since she left to go find Ladybug and cHaT nOiR during the Akuma fight, so don't make me repeat myself again, where is she, and is she safe?!" Felix yelled out. Ever since the attack, he's felt so panicked. More than he ever has in his entire life. The feeling was new and scary, but all that mattered right now was her safety.

Taken back by his tone, Adrien decided he probably should answer his cousin, for Felix might actually throw him back out the window entered from. Then Adrien thought about what Felix said, but it made no sense. Marinette hadn't come to find him whatsoever during the akuma attack, and Ladybug never mentioned anything about Marinette. 

"Look, I have seen her since the fight, but she never came looking for me and Ladybug during the attack". Felix just looked at Adrien with a look saying, oh really. "I swear, it's the truth. After you guys came inside, the only person that came to me right away was ladybug".

Now thinking, Felix froze. It was like a giant puzzle piece where the pieces were all scattered, but they were slowly coming together, and the picture was finally becoming visible. "Wait, you said Ladybug came RIGHT after we went inside?" he said much calmer than before.

Confused with the sudden change of tone, Adrien said "Yeah, that's what I was trying to say". And before he knew it Felix had an eerie smile grow up on his face. "Umm, Felix, are you feeling ok?". With no actual response, Felix grabs his stomach not able to contain his laughter. It's like he was just told the joke to end all jokes. Nothing was making any sense to Adrien. Felix was laughing so much that he began to cry.

With the puzzle finally put together in his head, Felix couldn't help but laugh from the irony of the situation he just realized. "Oh my, cousin, you're denser than a wet sock. You wouldn't be able to see a stop sign even if you hit it with a car" Felix said between his laughing. And with that, he left Adrien's room to comprehend the finished puzzle. 

When he closed the door to his own room, Adrien appeared on the other side, knocking and knocking, yelling "What do you know?!", but Felix wasn't going to answer, no chance.

Everything was making sense. And it all comes back to Marinette. From the moment he met her, Felix could tell there was something different about her. The way she composed herself, her confidence, wit, charm, it was too good to be true. But then, she was always excusing herself at weird times, disappearing, sleeping in, Felix though she could've been in a secret gang or something for all he knew.

But then it hit him. When Adrien said that she had never come to visit him as Chat when she knew he was injured, what if he was wrong? What if she did come see him as Chat, but not really as herself. What if Marinette is Ladybug!!! It all makes complete sense. They look so similar, and I've never seen them at the same place, and from his knowledge, she's never EVER been akumatized, and the only other person at that school that's never been akumatized is Adrien, and that's because he's Chat Noir!

His head started to get dizzy, so Felix sat down. The tips of his ears were burning. As if he didn't admire the girl so much before, now he doesn't know how to approach this. Because if not Marinette, then who would be Ladybug? She's so brilliant, has the kindest heart, and is constantly putting herself in tough positions to make others' lives better. What should he do? Should he tell her he knows?