Reactions

*Updated 3/7/24*

The close of his door was the last thing Marinette heard before leaping out into the night sky. 

Her ears were ringing, and her breathing quickened. Did I hear that correctly? Or did I just imagine that? Did Felix just call me, Ladybug, Marinette?"

Marinette was so distracted that she lost her footing, slipping from one of the rooftops. Grabbing onto the edge, she had to pull herself back up. She bent over, resting on her knees, trying to control her breathing. It was a lot harder than she would've thought. Alright Marinette, you just need to get home first, then figure this out. 

Landing on her balcony, Marinette did a thorough scan of the surrounding area before saying, "Tikki, spots off", de-transforming into her civilian self. 

"Marinette, are you ok? You should sit down" her kwami told her, knowing that in instances like these, Marinette tended not to think the clearest.

"Oh no, did he really just say that? Did he just call me Marinette?!" she said still in shock over the events that took place. 

Tikki didn't know how to comfort her holder, because somehow Felix had found out her identity, and that was a recipe for disaster. Or maybe it's just what Mari needs.

"I think you need to talk to Felix, as Marinette. Maybe this is a good thing!" Tikki said in her best efforts to sound convincing. Marinette thought about it. A lot. If Felix did know, then maybe they would be able to fight crime better together. Or he'll tell hawkmoth about her secret identity and Paris would be doomed!

30 minutes later, and Marinette's head was still at war with itself, trying to decide how this might turn out. On one hand, they would be able to make excuses for each other and they wouldn't have to keep any secrets between themselves...

But then what if Felix is on his way to tell Adrien right now what he saw, and then Adrien would figure out that he complained about me in front of Ladybug, aka Marinette?!

Tikki had had enough. She had been watching her owner struggle for too long. "Marinette, you've been staring at Felix's number for 30 minutes. I think the best thing right now would be for you to either call him, or call it a night and get some sleep". 

"You're right Tikki. Maybe a good night's sleep will help to clear things up".

... 

Sitting on the edge of her balcony, Marinette watched the beauty that was Paris at night. The way the eiffel tower lit up the streets, surrounded by all the twinkling lights in the sky. All the sudden, a tap was felt on her shoulder, causing her to jump in surprise. Behind her was Stealth. That explains why she didn't hear him coming. But then landing right behind him was Chat Noir, except it wasn't him. His eyes were as blue as the sky, and his suit as white as snow. Before Marinette could transform, Stealth went to fight Chat Blanc, but he was no match, and he turned to ash being hit from Chat Blanc's cataclysm. Then Chat Blanc walked right up to Marinette, holding both of her shoulders, and all he said was, "Why'd you replace me Marinette?"

Waking up with a jolt, Marinette cursed herself on why she couldn't even have peace in her own dreams. "Oh C'mon!" she yelled out grabbing her hair, groaning in frustration. She pulled a pillow from behind her head and put it in front of her face so her parents wouldn't wake up from her bad mood.

Hopefully she'd be able to fall back asleep with either a good dream, or just no dream at all. That's all she wanted; some much needed peace and quiet. But with that quiet also comes with being alone with your thoughts. And Marinette's thoughts kept running back to Chat Blanc. Hopefully Chat wouldn't get jealous with his temporary replacement. She'd have to talk to him again so he would know that it was only because she cares about his health so much that she doesn't want the injury to worsen.