Something's Coming

*Updated 3/19/24*

A cool breeze blew over the tops of the Paris rooftops, dancing around under the dark navy sky. Stars twinkled above the nearly empty streets, which were illuminated only by a couple streetlights.

The moonlight sparkled along the Seine, ripples turning into small waves from the wind.

Along the Parisian streets were rows and rows of houses. Kids and parents alike, rested, in a peaceful slumber. All tied together by the need to charge up for the day ahead of them.

Well... almost all of them.

Restless, Felix laid awake, surrounded by the silence of the night. Overcome by a feeling of dread. That something big was about to change. It didn't matter how many times he tried telling himself that it was just baseless anxiety, that he was being ridiculous. He couldn't quite convince himself to calm down.

Pushing himself up and off of his bed, he found himself wandering over to the massive windows coating his wall, staring up into the night sky.

His first thought went right to the girl who's been driving him crazy. Marinette. The dark midnight sky is the same color of her hair. Both things are infinitely beautiful. The stars are a reminder of his feelings, the formation caused by reaction so intense and so quick, but once stable, they became insanely strong, always growing.

And then there it was again, that feeling. That deep gut feeling something was about to change.

Naturally, his mind was quickly swarmed with images of Adrien and Marinette together. The thought leaves behind a deep unease, a pain in his chest. But nothing related to the sense that change was coming.

That at least gave him some relief. Especially because of the way Adrien's been lately, his determination stronger than ever to mend his 'relationship' with Marinette.

While Felix felt bad for his cousin, a part of him hopes Marinette doesn't fully forgive him. That part of him being the part that wants to keep her safe. Away from anything bad and any harm. Something Adrien brought upon her.

So at least for the moment, he could feel eased by the fact the feeling doesn't include them.

Looking back out into the sky, he felt it. The unease. There was something about the quiet. Something is out there, and he knows it. And there's no way he'll be able to sleep knowing that something's out there. Especially because he feels that thing's going to involve Ladybug.

Knowing what he must do, Felix said the words. "Stealth, Activate!" he said, followed by a hue of purple light, illuminating his room out of darkness.

Right away, he was up and vaulting out of his window, off into that night sky. Off to figure out what was out there.

Gliding quietly and quickly across Paris's rooftops, the feeling only grew. Until he forced himself into a sudden stop.

Standing still, head held high, the cool breeze rolling off the water blew through his hair. Slowly, he moved his head, scanning the surrounding area for anything out of the ordinary.

And unordinary is what he saw, off in the distance.

A purplish/blue,

Flying,

Carpet.

...

Back in the unusually quiet Agreste Mansion, Adrien began stirring in his sleep. His breathing quickening yet shallow, as if someone had a chokehold on his dream, squeezing the light away.

Shooting up from his bed in a split second, the covers fell down right onto his lap.

Quickly, Adrien realized his mistake. Grabbing his side, Adrien groaned in pain from his all to quick movement causing pain where his injury resides. After taking a deep breath, he was able to better calm down along with dulling down the shooting pain.