Distractions

*Updated 3/5/24*

Marinette and Felix really enjoyed their lunch. Marinette had way more fun than she thought she was going to. Although the thought of Felix and Chat being the same person still swirled around her mind, even though she knew it was quite literally impossible having seen them in the same room.

"So Boss, how'd I do?" Felix asked eagerly, walking beside Marinette. He hoped that after today's lunch, Marinette wouldn't be as hostile towards his advances. Even though it had already been getting better. 

He watched in amusement as Marinette tapped her chin, thinking. She then said, "Well your composure was lacking more than usual..." 

"Hey, you were the one who messed up my hair!" Felix protested, interrupting Marinette's report. 

"... Another mark down, you should know better" she said, teasingly waving her finger at him.

... 

From across the courtyard, Alya and Nino were waiting for Marinette and Felix to return from lunch. Both of them were still shocked from Adrien's outburst moments ago, and wondered how they should act, if they should say anything, or really what it meant in general.

Nino looked over at Alya, "Babe, what should we do? I want to be able to help my man Adrien, but what about Felix?" he said. 

Alya thought about it. In all honesty, she wasn't sure how to approach the situation. On one hand, Marinette would love to know that ADRIEN likes her. But on the other hand, she's finally moving on, and telling her would completely offset her progress, and knowing Agreste he'd probably change his mind again once Mari knows.

"I think they need to figure it out on their own. Adrien needs to own up to his feelings if he's going to win over Marinette, that's for sure" she said to Nino. 

"What about me?" Marinette said, having herd her name pop up in their conversation; while Felix also heard Adrien's name in that same sentence. 

Nino and Alya jumped, not having realized that Marinette and Felix were already in front of them. "Oh, um... we were just talking about when we thought you guys would be back from lunch, and you're here, now" Alya said, nervously elbowing Nino to help her.

"Uhh, yeah that's it. Just waiting on you dudes" Nino explained, an accomplice to Alya's lie.

Felix wasn't buying it. He has pretty good hearing so he was able to hear that they were talking about Adrien wanting to win over Marinette. Winning over Alya and Nino was going to be impossible. How could he get their favor when they seem to want to remain impartial?

... 

Right after Adrien's outburst, he had transformed into Chat Noir. His head was pounding, his heart racing, and he felt dizzy. Mindlessly, he found himself on another side of town. Needing to sit down, Chat made his way to the Eiffel tower, knowing the view is one of the only things that calms him down.

Once at the top, in a secure spot where no one could see him, he transformed back; wanting to talk with Plagg. 

When Plagg appeared out of the ring, they both stayed silent. Not even his Kwami knew what to say about Adrien's scene back there. He never thought Adrien would figure out his feelings since he's condenser than any of Plagg's cheese.

When Adrien realized that Plagg wasn't going to say anything, he spoke first, "What did I just do? How do I take it back?" he said, panicking. 

"Well, do you want to take it back?" Plagg asked. There was only silence from Adrien. He was just looking down at his shoes, avoiding Plagg's question. Especially since he really wouldn't take it back, because in fact he meant every word he screamed out at the table. Marinette deserves someone so much better than Felix, that's for sure.