𝙻𝙸𝙵𝙴 𝙶𝙾𝙴𝚂 𝙾𝙽

She took her soft hands to his cheeks making him look at her. "Everything will be alright.", she spoke with a soothing voice. 

"T-That's why he hates you.", he spoke with a tiny voice pulling her closer to himself. "He might be thinking that you have powers like her. He was never at fault. He was betrayed. The person he loved, betrayed him. He was just trying to protect me....b-by h-harming you.", he sighed closing his eyes. 

"J-Jungkook..."
"Hmm?"
"I d-don't want to go back into the sea.", he opened his eyes as she said that. Her eyes were directed elsewhere and not at him. She didn't want to face him. She knew he loved Aquatica and its citizen so much but also, she would never forget what those people and the King did to her even it was based upon a misunderstanding. 

"But..will you let me stay there?", he asked with a straight face as her heart dropped. She looked at him and found him expressionless. She could hear her strings break. Her heart ached thinking about his answer but she smiled through her pain and was about to speak but-

"...with you?" 

"J-Jung-"

"I will be there with you with each step you take precious. I will not be able to stay away from my people, but more than that, I will not be able to live without you...I will be lifeless without you....I want you by my side...I want to be the one to protect you, love you, cherish you...I want to be the one to ruin you....I want you to be my queen. I promise I will protect you from everything and anything. P-Please?"

She saw his eyes pleading for her to stay but only memories of her being thrown around like a toy was being replayed inside her head. Thinking about the way those powerful waves his father created lacerated into her flesh gave her goosebumps. She would have already been dead if it wasn't for her water sign. 

She rested her head on his chest to hide her face. She knew he would read her if she showed her face up. He wrapped his arms around her head and kept his head on top of hers.

"W-WE...WE won't exist there Jungkook. It will only be you. There will be no WE in Aquatica. They won't let me live there."

She spoke, getting ready to let him go. Tears rolled down her pale freckled cheeks as she pushed herself away from him. She turned around, facing away from him and cried. That's all she could do. It wasn't easy, it was never easy. It had just started but it was nearing its end so soon. More than her, more than anyone, was the pain of the person behind her, the emotions running down his veins as she said that, it was unimaginable.

She gasped as she felt his arms slide around her waist, pulling her closer to him. He kept his face on her neck. "N-No...J-Jungkoo-"
"Shhh...", he hissed.

Silence filled the room.

Once the heart turns heavy with pain and only pain, people don't cry anymore. They fall silent. Completely silent.

The silence expressed only melancholy and dysphoria. It was sullied. To a great extent.

I love you princess. WE will exist I promise.

-----

"You trust me right? Slowly, don't worry love, I'll hold you.", he said snaking one of his arms around her tiny waist. 

"Promise?"
"Promise."

She sighed and put her arm over his shoulders for support. Taking a deep breathe, she slowly kept her legs on the scrubby tuft. "Stand up princess, you can do it."
She looked at his determined eyes as he spoke.