Chapter 30 (Such Tea)

Knowing they had little time to spare before one of them could possibly become a kebab, Sid shoved Naruto out of the way and tackled Sasuke to the ground.

She immediately got back up, only to see a second later Kakashi was already there, a kunai to Zabuza's powerful sword.

Damn. She internally snapped her fingers as she helped Sasuke up and got him away from there. She clicked her tongue when she seen Naruto helping the old man get out of the situation safely.

Sid took a look at Kakashi's predicament, only to see that he managed to stab Zabuza.

Too bad it's a water clone. She thought, eyeing the water dripping out of the clone in the absence of blood.

"Sensei, behind you!" Naruto pointed, letting everyone present that the real Zabuza was behind Kakashi.

He quickly dealt Kakashi a killing blow, slicing him in half with his sword.

Too bad it wasn't the real Kakashi.

"Don't move." The copy nin ordered, pressing a kunai near Zabuza's neck. "Now it's over."

Silence overtook the place, making Sid look around at her teammates.

Both were fine, uninjured. Sadly, so was the old coot.

Sid chewed on her cheek, pouting slightly. Why can't he just die already!?

"Alright!" Naruto shouted, making Sid take another glance at him in confusion.

"Hey, what're you doing?" She asked him, making him look at her in question.

"What'dya mean? We won!" He grinned.

Sid's eyes sharpened as it clicked. Ah, what a dangerous and naïve mindset to have. They just send genin out here, with no actual experience. The least they could do is have a fake mission where enemies infiltrate Konoha, but its actually just the Leaf ninja in disguise. That way, they're still safe, but they don't know that.

She turned to look at Sasuke. Even the top rookie got scared and almost killed himself because of the intense bloodlust. Seriously, they hardly train these kids at all.

Zoning back in to the battle at hand, she heard Zabuza start chuckling.

Oh, shit. That's never good. She sweatdropped.

"Finished?" He questioned. "You really don't get it, do you? Your technique is nothing but a crass imitation of mine. I'll never be defeated by a mere copy cat ninja like you."

Damn. He ain't wrong, I'll admit.

Zabuza continued to chuckle. "You are full of surprises, though. You'd already copied my Water Clone jutsu when you made your little speech."

Oh, shit, he did?? Sid did a double take. Man, I need to up my game. Get ahold of yourself, Sid! You could die!

She paused. Pfft-well, THEY could die. But this is still very serious.

"Very skillfully executed. You made your clone say those words to draw my attention while you hid in the mist, waiting for me to make my move."

Noice. Sid furrowed her brows, waiting for the fight to happen.

"Nice try, but I'm not that easy to fool!" Zabuza appeared behind Kakashi. slashing him with his sword.

"Hey, that one's a clone, too!" Naruto said the obvious.

And then the fight started. However, it was a bit boring in Sid's opinion. She supposed her expectations were a bit too high due to watching her sensei have a few good fights. Not to mention the experience she herself has.