Chapter 31 (Bloodlust Go Brrr)

AN: Yes, I know, its been centuries. And tbh, its probably gonna be a while again for the next update- but here y'all bitches go (if any of you are still reading).

Love ya <3 And hopefully this chapter makes sense and doesn't suck ass.

Sid's empty black eyes stared down at the hand that grabbed ahold of her wrist before she glanced up.

"Hey, why'd you stop me..."

Onyx eyes stared back at her, a drip of sweat going down the side of his face, feeling her bloodlust.

"...Sasuke?"

A tense silence settled over them, and Sasuke decided to talk now than to let the time he had go to waste. Glancing over at Zabuza and his clone, he made sure that they were staying still before looking back at Sid.

"...If we kill him now, there's no telling if Zabuza will let Kakashi go. It'd be pointless to take his life." He tried to persuade her, looking down at Tazuna, making Sid follow his gaze. "And from the sound of it, Kakashi's a pretty famous ninja, who probably has a lot of money on him."

"You're talking about a bounty..." Sid revealed his thought process, making Sasuke nod tensely.

"Told you we'd fight amongst ourselves, Bakashi." Sid smirked towards the silver haired man before she brought her foot up to Sasuke's arm, forcing him to let go. She kept her kunai close to Tazuna's throat.

"Personal space, Sasuke." Her smug look was annoying, Sasuke decided.

"Zabuza might kill him either way. You heard him before, right? How he took joy in killing others? What makes you think he won't do the same to our own sensei, one who has a hefty price on him? Wouldn't that be even more of a reason to kill him?"

"Hahaha! He's right, you know. I'll take joy in killing every single one of you!" Zabuza grinned manically. Of course, no one could see it because of the bandages covering the lower half of his face.

"No! Leave them alone!" Kakashi banged on the water that caged him.

'Oh yeah, that'll work.' Sid thought sarcastically. She knew she was thinking in a bitch way, but at least no one could read her thoughts.

"And I'll make your precious sensei watch, too!"

'And I thought I was sadistic, yeesh.' Sid internally sweatdropped before smirking at Sasuke as she put her kunai away with ease.

She grinned. "Hehe, guess your balls dropped, eh, Sasuke? About time." She said. "How're you feeling?"

He stayed silent before his eyes widened. "You were snapping me out of it."

"What can I say? You were being a pussy back there, acting all scared of the bloodlust and all. Speaking of which, how did mine feel? How did I rank between two jōnin and their bloodlust, hmm?"

Sasuke scoffed.

"Now's not the time. Quit fooling around." He turned to look at Tazuna.

"Naruto!" Sasuke suddenly called his name, and said boy was still looking at Sid in a terrified trance. Naruto couldn't believe a friend of his was going actually kill someone.

'If Sasuke didn't stop her...' He paled considerably. He didn't know how someone could take another person's life, he didn't know how someone could be so cruel.

'He may have lied to us, but...but he doesn't deserve death-'

"Naruto!" He said more sternly, and the boy shook his head before he looked at Sasuke.

"Y-yeah!?"

"C'mon!" Sasuke encouraged, and somehow, Naruto caught onto what he meant. His face hardened.

"Alright!"

Tazuna shakily stood up, hands going to his throat as he slowly looked at Sid. "Y-you were gonna..."

"Yup." She popped the 'p', uncaring of what he had to say.

"Y-you...d-damn brat! You-" He suddenly stopped, as if a realization just hit him. He dropped to his knees in front of her, making her keep her guard up.

'Homie might secretly have a knife on him or some shit.' Sid eyed him.

"I can't blame you." He said, and this made her raise a brow.

"Continue." She stuck her nose high in the air, feeling like a queen compared to the low trash before her.

"I was a jerk to you all. I lied, and because of me-"

"Don't forget the suck ass guilt trip." Sid hummed. "Can't forget that."

Tazuna sighed grumpily. "Yes, and I'm sorry for that, too. I never should've-"

"I honestly don't care. Nothing you say is gonna make me forgive you. Just stay outta my way, and you'll be fine." Her hard gaze bored into his, and Tazuna truly knew then and there that she wasn't done deciding whether or not to kill him. Just because she didn't right now doesn't mean she won't do it later.

And that's the exact message Sid wanted to give him as she patted her trusty kunai pouch, looking down at him with a hollow smile.

"Listen, you lying filth," She settled her gaze on Naruto and Sasuke, who seemed to be performing some kind of plan. "You stay away from them, too. They've got good futures ahead of them. They have potential to be great, don't go soiling them with your bullshit. The only reason we're here is because of your sob story, and honestly," She looked back down at him.

"I couldn't give less of a damn about your grandson. He's got his mom, he'll be fine without a guilt tripping old ass like you."

She leaned down, grabbing his beard and making him turn to look at her teammates. "You're making us risk our lives right now, us children. That's pathetic." She let go, standing up, keeping an eye on Zabuza.

"And I hate pathetic people. I don't give a damn about your reasons, I really don't. I care about my team, even if they don't care about me. So leave them the fuck alone. Or you won't have to worry about leaving your grandson and daughter alone anymore...Worry about them leaving you."

Tazuna's eyes widened. "You wouldn't...!! He's a child-"

She wouldn't, hell no. She doesn't kill kids, even if they annoy the shit out of her. But she wasn't too sure if the drunk's daughter was safe. Depends if she's a good mom. If she is, then the only one she'd be killing is the old man.

But he didn't need to know that.

"And I've watched the life drain from people's eyes before." She turned to look at him.

She didn't say anything else. She knew her message carried well.

"But you'll be fine. Just stay away from them, yeah?" She grinned before walking away from him. She had no clue what the fuck Naruto and Sasuke were doing, but when she seen the shuriken transform into Naruto, she knew they did something right.

Naruto threw a kunai at Zabuza, and knowing he couldn't dodge it, Sid's grin grew as she watched Zabuza rip his hand out of the water cage.

'The beast is free.'

Seeing her gravity defying haired sensei stop Zabuza from throwing the huge shuriken, she florished the look on his face.

'And boy is he pissed.'