Chapter 32 (Crashing)

"Naruto, that was an excellent plan." Kakashi remarked while Sid gawked at the fact Naruto could swim.

I can only swim because sensei spent hours teaching me because I sucked ass at it. This small bitch from the academy can swim from the get go, though!! How- the math is not mathing- did they teach swimming at the academy, too??

"You've really grown, haven't you?" Naruto laughed happily at the praise.

"I knew I couldn't beat him with my shadow clones, that was just a distraction! While he fought the clones, I turned into the demon wind shuriken!!" The whisker marked boy grinned proudly from the water. "He didn't know what to do, believe it!!"

For some reason, that little catchphrase of his is kinda endearing. Sid thought.

"I used one of the clones to transform into the shuriken!" She sweatdropped. This bitch still talking about it?? Homie's awfully proud of himself. But as he should!!

"When I threw it to Sasuke, it looked like a real shuriken!!" Naruto went on, explaining his, Sid would admit, brilliant plan. The plan itself wasn't brilliant, anyone could come up with it.

But it's the limited time Naruto had and how he actually managed to execute it perfectly was what made it so amazing.

He may be an idiot, but he's not stupid. She smirked. He has battle intuition. That's useful as fuck, and impressive as fuck for a no experience having ass like him.

"Don't brag, you just lucked out."

Not to mention their teamwork was incredible. She eyed Sasuke.

"Don't be such a tsundere about it, Sasuke. You'll get your turn to shine, too." Sid shook her head in amusement. Besides, I can see that smirk you just hid. You ain't slick, boi

"Hn, shut up, stupid." She sweatdropped. Such an intelligent response.

"Oh, I'm wounded." She put a hand over her heart. "And here I thought we were friends, Duckass."

His brow twitched. She knew the nickname annoyed him.

My job here is done.

"The whole thing was just a fluke!" Tazuna commented, making Sid glance at him.

"For once, you're right. It's amazing how flawlessly that worked." She remarked.

Seriously, for genin with zero experience? That was a fucking miracle if I'd ever seen one. Sid thought.

"I got distracted and lost my grip on the water prison." Zabuza said, making her want to scoff at the pure bullshit he just said.

"Don't flatter yourself. You weren't distracted, you were forced to let go." Kakashi humbled Zabuza.

Damn right.

"Your technique worked on me once, but it won't work again. So, what's it gonna be?"

After having a standoff for about fifteen seconds, both men jumped away from each other. They started forning rapid handsigns. Sid's eyes widened.

Handsigns-water-

"NARDO! Get the hell outta the water!" Sid raised her voice. Naruto, who was invested in their sensei's fight, looked at Sid before processing her words.

"Oh crap, oh crap!" He said as he tried to swim as fast as he could to the shore.

I don't know what kinda jutsu they're doing, or if it'll affect Naruto, but the way their hands are still forming handsigns, it's probably a big and powerful jutsu. It's best not to take chances on Naruto's life. Sid thought before noticing both ANBU ranked men stopped their hands.

"Water Style: Water Dragon Jutsu!"

Dragon? Oh god. She watched as two dragons formed out of water wrapped around one another, fighting for dominance.

She seen Naruto get swept up in the big waves the dragons caused. She's glad he can swim, at least.

Kakashi and Zabuza were trying to get the upper hand on the other, Zabuza pushing Kakashi with his big sword and Kakashi trying to fend it off with only a kunai.

Boi's got sum strength. Sid whistled. I-bruh, are they talking again??

"All you're doing is copying me, like a moneky. You can't beat me with cheap tricks, I'll crush you!"

He seems pretty triggered at how Kakashi's copying him, getting frustrated. He doesn't realize he's getting himself worked up.

"What?! Impossible!" Zabuza said.

Oh, fuck. Sid noticed the vortex in the water and Naruto, who was still trying to swim to shore.

"Hey, Sasuke," Said boy looked at her. "You got the old man, right?" He nodded.

"I'll be back." With that, Sid sprinted to the closet tree to Naruto. She ran up it using chakra, going along the branch. She stood on it sideways, holding out a hand to Naruto.

"Nardo!" The blonde boy looked at her in distress. The waves kept trying to push him every whichway, and he was hanging on a small branch for dear life.

He wasn't able to hold on much longer.

"Take my hand!"

Naruto's gaze hardened. "You...you were gonna kill someone!" He remarked.

"What?!" Sid gained immediate confusion. "Yeah, that's our job as ninja! But take my hand!!"

"You were bluffing, right?!" He asked, feeling his hand slipping.

"Nardo, just grab on!!" Sid told him, reaching her hand out further. He stared at her hand before shaking his head.

"Promise me you won't ever kill anyone!!"

"What?!" Sid gawked at the boy's words. Never kill anyone?? Get real, the fuck?! "Grab my fucking hand before you get swept away, assface!!"

Surely the boy wouldn't gamble his life with his morals, right? Nobody would be that stupid.

Naruto shook his head. "No!!"

He's THAT stupid. Sid deadpanned. "Bitch, take my hand or I'll bitch slap you, you cunt!"

He let go. 

Sid didn't let him.

She scrambled for his hand, legs straining from the pull of the waves and the pressure from the wind. Damn those bastards' jutsu!!

"Hang the fuck on!!" She told him. She could let go of him, he probably wouldn't get hurt. But she didn't want to. A nearby branch or log could strike him and-

"Get off me! If you're gonna murder people, then go away!!"

"Shut up!!" Sid strained, gritting her teeth before yanking her arms back and tumbling off the branch. Fourtunately, Naruto was in her grasp. Unfortunately, they both fell to the ground.

Sid took all the damage, the ground scraping her clothes from the fall as she wrapped her arms around Naruto.

Once they stopped sliding scross the dirt, she groaned.

"Holy fuck...I'm never doing that shit again."

Naruto immediately got off of her, staring sternly at her. "Tell me the truth. Were you really gonna kill the old man?"

Sid stared at him, the naivety in his eyes made her want to scoff. She couldn't believe he really cared about his morals over his own life.

She wished she hadn't gotten attached to someone who had idiotic judgment. She guessed he really was stupid, after all.

Sid glanced away, knowing her answer would cause the dread in her stomach to become a reality.

"Yes."

He walked away from her.