15. Aftermath🥲

Guys thanks a lot for 4k views. Truly blessed to have u all🥺❤️

*CHAPTER*

Rohit's POV:

I threw my bat onto the ground and rushed to him. All the players have already gathered there. The medic has come but it was of no use. He's still not showing any movement.

They have rushed him to the hospital. Thank god there weren't any spectators or else the hell would break loose. The telecast has been stopped. And it was told that there were covid cases and the match has been stopped and is postponed. Even the live telecast is five minutes late then the original so there was no problem.

There was a bus arranged for us to get back to our hotel.

'No, we'll go to the hospital too.' Harry said with tears. It wasn't only him everyone were in tears.

'Yes. Let's go and be with Virat bhai.' Rishu said.

'I don't know about anything or anyone. I am going with my cheeku.' Mahi bhai said. This was the second time I saw him in tears after that semi final defeat.

Anushka has already left in the ambulance to the hospital along with Virat.

'I so badly want to be with Virat. But we all can't go there. We still haven't informed the media right. Bhai, please you go and be there for Anushka. We'll stay at the hotel. But you have to call us once in every half an hour and -' Rahul couldn't continue. He burst out in tears.

'Ro you are the eldest here, it's your responsibility to take care of these guys. Everyone go back to the hotel. I'll go to the hospital.' Mahi bhai said and left.

Honestly, I felt nothing. I was numb. My brain wasn't registering anything that was happening around. I know Virat is unconscious and is at the hospital but my heart and brain were not able to accept it. I didn't know what to feel or do.

I wanted to speak something but not a single word was coming out from my mouth.

'The bus has come. Everyone come, let's board the bus.' krithi mumbled.

We all walked to the bus and boarded it. Nobody uttered a single word on the journey.

As soon as we reached the hotel, I straight away went to my room.

Feel something,Ro.

I took out my phone and began going through Google news articles. I went on scrolling and scrolling until I came upon an article.

We miss Phil so much. There's no single match where we don't think about him - David Warner

Phil Hughes.
63 not out.

No Ro, nothing like that is gonna happen to Virat. He'll be alright. He's a strong asshole. He'll bounce back good, just like always.

I put my phone away and began pacing to and fro in my room. Just then Rits walked into the room along with Sammy. Her face looked pale too as if she cried. But why was she crying? Her husband is alright!

Sammy looked confused. 'Dada' she said and ran towards me. I lifted her up and made her sit in my lap.

'Dada, why did we come back?' she asked.

'Someone took away the ball. So we had nothing to play with that's why we came back.' I told her.

'But why is everyone crying for that. My lucy died, even then I didn't cry right.' She said referring to her doll .

'Nobody is as strong as my sammy is.' I said kissing her cheek.

'Krithi, once come to my room.' Rits spoke on the phone.