16. Bitter memory😖

July 10th, 2019

India's camp after losing the semi final to New Zealand:

Rohit's POV:

I returned back to the dressing room with a dejected heart. This was so important for all of us. We all failed. After so long I feel so miserable. I really wanted us to win. I gave my level best all the way but failed in the semi final.

'Ro, Virat is not opening his room door.' Jaddu came to me and said. I quickly got up and rushed to his room. He's pretty hurt too.

'Vee, open the door.' I said banging the door.

'Go away.' he screamed from the other side.

'Don't behave like a child. Open the door.'

'Do you have any brain? Don't you understand if I say once.'

'Come on Vee, you are not the only one who lost the match. We are all feeling the same. But are we behaving like that? Are we shouting on people?'

'They fuck off. Why are you here at my door?'

'What's wrong with you Vee? Open the bloody door.'

'Vee yaar, open the door.' Jaddu said banging the door along with me.

'Please go away Jaddu.' Virat said.

Oh, please to Jaddu and fuck off to me! Great!

Ro, that's only because he has that freedom with you and not with others. Don't overthink.

I wanted to be there until Virat opened the door but I couldn't hold my tears anymore. I was hurt too. I silently went to my room and cried in the darkness.

'Ro, let's have dinner.' Shikhar said knocking on my door.

'Wait.' I said with a muffled cry.

I quickly washed my face with water and opened the door.

'Were you crying?' Shikki asked.

'No.' I mumbled.

'It's hard for all of us. But the best performance from any Indian in this series is from you. You always talked about how much you wanted to win this. It's gonna be hard for you more than its for us. But we still have many chances in the future Ro. Don't get dejected for this. And remember you are not at fault at all.' Shikhar said.

'Thanks.' was all I could say. We went to the dining table and Virat was already there with Jinks.

'Ro, were you crying?' Jinks asked as he saw me. Virat looked in my direction too.

'No.' I lied again.

'He might have cried thinking, we won't feed him dinner today.' Virat joked.

Bad joke Vee.

'Shut up Vee. This is a serious discussion.' Jinks said.

'Are you hurt Ro?' Virat asked me.

'Yes I am. Apologize now.'

'Apologize to you? Haha, good joke.' Virat said pissing me further.

'Apologize to him.' Jinks ordered.

'Sorry Ro.' Virat said.

Why does he not give me the respect he gives to jinks.

We all were having our food in silence until Mahi bhai joined us. As soon as he came, Virat had gone to him and hugged him saying, 'Bhai where were you all this time? I was so afraid about you. I won't leave you now.'