9. The unexpected arrival 😲

M.S.DHONI was standing there as we turned back!

He slowly walked towards us and spoke,' Do you guys have any surrounding awareness?'

'Bhai, Have you come here for real? Or am I just dreaming?' asked Hardik.

'I can see him too. Both of us can't dream the same thing.' said Rishabh.

'I have come for real, duffers.' Dhoni said. 

Suddenly they all fell on him, clinging onto him.  It looked as if there was a competition going on as if the person who hugs Dhoni would get a reward or something. 

'Relax guys. I am gonna stay with you. Get away from me now.' Dhoni said but his plea went unlistened

They have finally let him go after some solid  time.

'Are you new here?' he asked me

'Yes, I am' My voice was loud and clear enough in my mind but it came out like a mumble.

'What?'  he asked.

'She's starstruck , I guess.' Hardik said.

I just nodded and sat down on the chair composing myself. My childhood hero, was there in just inches distance from me. He can't suddenly appear like this in front of me. I need some time to mentally prepare myself. I had a whole week to prepare myself for meeting this bunch of cricketers. So it was ok to some level. But now! I just can't believe he's in the same room as I.

'So that unoccupied room in 1st floor, was that for you?' I asked him finally.

'Yes it is. I wanted to surprise you all. I am also the mentor for this series not just for that T20 WC' he grinned.

'Not fair bhai. If you told us before, we would be excited and happy all this time.' Ishan whined.

'Yes bhai.' They all agreed in unison.

'Ok baba I am sorry. Forgive me now.' He said. 

'Please become our coach.' pleaded Rishabh.

'There's still time left that. Let's see. For now I am mentoring you all.'

'He was supposed to be our mentor only for the WC. But he's here now as well. So in the same way he'll be with us in every series.' Hardik said optimistically.

'Don't go too far Hardik. I am here only for this series.'

'Did you come here directly, without meeting others?' Rithika asked. 

'I am starving. Sakshi and Ziva are in the room while I have come here directly.' He said.

'Sakshi has come? I am so happy for you guys. Can't wait to meet the little one. I'll go see her.' she said and sprinted out of the dining  hall.

'So guys, tell me what's happening?' he demanded. 

'We are trying to end the rift between Virat and Rohit.' Rahul spoke. 

'That's a very good initiation, I say. Who's idea is it?' 

'It's Krithi's. Even the first step was her idea.' Said Hardik.

'That's great Krithi. What was the first step, by the way?' 

Ishan explained him everything and then proposed his 'playdate' plan.

'I am unsure if that's considered as a step to unite them, but we must have a playdate. Ziva's killing me all the time saying she wants to play with her cheeku chachu's baby.'