Chapter Eight, Move to the Rhythm

TW: alcohol, violence, yelling?

"Uh, sure DK.. What about?" Luigi sat back on the couch with Donkey Kong. "Did you mean what you said last night??" Donkey Kong asked, nervous. Luigi didn't answer. "Luigi answer me." Donkey Kong raised his voice at Luigi a little. "DK.. I'm only 24, I don't know. Okay? I feel strong feelings for you, but.. I don't know what love even is.. I want to say I meant it... But I'm so young.. Did you mean it?" Luigi looked up at Donkey Kong. "I did. Luigi, I love you." Donkey Kong answered with confidence. "You don't even know me!" Luigi said, standing up Infront of Donkey Kong. Donkey Kong stood up to tower over Luigi. Luigi gulped. "Look Luigi, I get that you're young and shit, so am I. We're both figuring our shit out I get it. But if you're not sure you love me, I don't want to keep being involved with you in a romantic way." Donkey Kong said, looking straight in Luigis eyes. "DK... No.. I love you then!" Luigi said, his eyes had a pleading gleam in them. Donkey Kong sighed. "Luigi.. I-" Luigi kissed Donkey Kong, passionately. "Does that prove it? Donkey Kong... Please don't leave me..." Luigi fell to his knees, crying. "I can't take someone else leaving... ever since Mario..." Luigi sobbed. Donkey Kong sat, pulling Luigi into his arms and hugged him tightly. Luigi continued to sob. "I won't leave Luigi.. I promise. I love you." Donkey Kong said, holding Luigi close. Luigi cried until he fell asleep in Donkey Kong's arms. 

Luigi woke up in his bed. He saw a note on his nightstand, it read: Luigi, I had to go home to take care of my animals, text me when you wake up. Luigi grabbed his phone and texted Donkey Kong. 

Luigi: Hey DK, I'm awake. How's Mr. soap?

DK: He's good. Do you wanna meet for lunch tomorrow? I want to talk to you about something. 

Luigi: Yea okay, call me in the morning and we'll set it up.

DK: Alright, Talk to you then, goodnight, Luigi. 

Luigi woke up from his phone ringing. "Hello?" Luigi coughed out. "Hey Luigi! I'll pick you up at 12:30 for lunch!" Donkey Kong said, excited. "Okay DK, I'll see you then." Luigi hung up the phone. Luigi got up and took a shower, right before he was about to get in, he heard a knock on the front door. He groaned and went to open it. "Hell-" Luigi was greeted with a punch in the face. "What the fuck?" He wiped the blood off his mouth "Thats for associating with fucking BOWSER." The voice said. The man then kicked Luigi who is on the ground, in the stomach and back multiple times. Luigi looked up, his vision hazy. "Mario...?" There was one more kick to Luigi's face then he passed out. 

Luigi woke up in his bed, his body ached. "Luigi? are you okay?!?" Donkey Kong rushed to Luigi's side. "DK...? What happened?" Luigi said, trying to sit up, but falling back down in pain. "i came to pick you up and saw Mario beating you up, so I called the police. Of course, he got away with it, he was taken back to the castle." Donkey Kong explained. Luigi started crying. "No, Luigi its ok.. You're not seriously hurt." Donkey Kong climbed into bed and spooned Luigi. They both fell asleep a while later. 

1/28/22