Chapter 5- Practice/Break Up

* Brianna *
1985

It's been a few weeks, staying with the boys, working on our album and just being 'starlight'.

We getting use to the name. I guess it ain't that bad once you get use to it.
Me and my sister's was backstage of the famous TV show Soul Train. We was excited to be on it. Our album came out and been selling like crazy. The boys was back at the studio practicing.

"Girls you ready" Brooke asked. We was wearing matching purple short dresses. "Yes Brooke" Natalie says.
We watched the host also creator of the show Don cornelius.

"Give it up for this new female group, singing their hit song Living it up" Don says as the audience cheered like crazy for us. I smiled and rushed on stage with my sisters. We started singing and dancing. Made us happy to hear the audience singing with us. I can't believe our music is already at the top.

"That was the group Starlight, buy their album 'Living life' NOW" Don says to the camera smiling. Once they went in commercial Don came to us. "Ladies that was amazing! You girls are great. Thank you for being on the show. I know I'm definitely inviting you on here again" Don says. "Thanks so much Don, we appreciate you having us here" I said.
We signed some fans autographs and took some pictures. It was exciting, very.

"That was great girls, let's take you home. You girls look exhausted" Brooke says. We nodded. We got into a limo that took us straight home. We walked inside the apartment.

"They're back" Bobby yells excited. "Damn Bobby do you have to be so loud" Natalie says. "Sorry" He whispers to her then hugged her.

"When did you guys get back" Brooke asked. "Just a few minutes ago" Mike says.

"Did you girls hear we're going on tour soon" Ralph asked. Already????

"That was fast" Mariah says. "Yea, it's gonna be fun! All the females screaming for me, the parties, I'm be getting it" Bobby says. "Screaming for us" Ricky says. "Whatever" Bobby says. Uncle Brooke smacked both of them in the back of their heads. "Stop it, let the girls rest, let them relax" Brooke says. "Sorry" Bobby and Ricky says walking away. "Thanks Brooke" Mariah says. We went to our room, changed then seriously fell right asleep.

-

Last night we kept waking up hearing those girls the guys had over while we was tryna sleep. I came out the room after changing. Saw everyone watching tv. "Hey Bri" Ralph says to me. I waved. "Where's your sisters" Mike asked. "Probably still sleeping, couldn't sleep good last night hearing all those girls" I said annoyed. They looked away and I rolled my eyes. "Sorry" Mike says. I grabbed some pans and some ingredients for bacon, eggs and pancakes. Few minutes later Mariah and Natalie woke up. They started helping me right away.
"Sorry we kept yall up" Bobby says. Natalie gave him her middle finger then went back to cooking. The phone ranged. Mike went to get it.

"Yo Ralph, it's Shelly" Mike says. Ralph got up fast and rushed to the phone for her. "Wait he's still with Shelly" Mariah asked. They nodded. "That's disgusting, how you with someone but then fucking multiple other females" Natalie says. "We are men, we have our needs" Bobby says. Natalie went over to smack his head.
"That's not being a man, that's simply cheating and not being loyal to your woman" I said.
Ralph came back out. "Did you tell her about all the chick's you fucked last night" Bobby says laughing. Natalie raised her hand up giving him a hint she was gonna smack him again. He hid his face in the couch pillow, the guys laughed at him.

After eating we went to practice with Brooke. "Ok boys sit, girls come up. We gonna practice your songs Living it up, Dancing All Night, Boyfriend and Believe" Brooke says to us. We nodded and went up to grab the mics. We started dancing and singing.