Chapter 8- Better

* Brianna *
1987

We was in Minneapolis, Minnesota. My sisters and the boys left so early, leaving me and Ralph. The studio only a few blocks down, but I dont know why they would leave us like that. I feel like they hiding something, whenever me and Ralph walk inside a room with them they all get quiet.

Me and Ralph was walking to the studio since everyone left us behind. We was meeting up with Jimmy and Terry at this studio. It was like a blizzard out here, snowing like crazy.
We was finally a block away. "Come on Ralph we already late" I said as we tried walking as fast as we can. "Girl you see me struggling" He says. The snow was really past our ankles.
Ralph then threw a snowball at me. "Oh really" I said. I started making one and threw one right at his face. I cheered for myself but this time he threw two at me. I laughed to myself making more snowballs.
We was throwing snowballs for like 10 minutes just playing and laughing with each other.
Next thing I let out a little scream as Ralph pushed me in the snow, but I grabbed his arm making him fall on top of me. We both laughed and next thing we both just started kissing each other. To be honest I did feel butterflies in my stomach kissing him.

"Um we should get to the studio, we're already very late" I said tryna ignore that we just kissed and it wasn't a regular kiss, that was a deep tongue kiss.

We made it to the studio, saw everyone and...Johnny Gill. whoa. Me and my sister's love his music so much.

"Ah there they are" Jimmy says happy to see me and Ralph. We hugged Jimmy and Terry. Johnny smiled at us, happy to see us. Ralph saw Johnny. "What's he doing here, whats going on" Ralph asked. I looked at Jimmy. "Wait you guys didn't tell him Johnny joined New Edition" Jimmy asked. "What the hell you mean Johnny is in New Edition, since when" Ralph says pissed. "Since Now, label already signed him" Mike says. "I'm sorry man, I don't know what this is all about but they didn't tell me you didn't know" Johnny says standing. I gave my sisters a look, they didn't even tell me. I knew they was hiding something, I gave them a angry look.

"Not only did I not know, nobody asked me for my opinion" Ralph yells. "What you expect Rizz, you wanted to go solo right" Ricky says. "That don't mean I'm quiting the group" Ralph shouts to Ricky. "Everyone just calm down" Natalie says. "Nah I'm tired of that calm down shit, I'm not splitting my money 5 ways again. So unless we bringing Bobby back, the 4 of us is New Edition. Period" Ralph says then walks away. "Hold up Ralph" Terry says but Ralph shoved him away. "So we keeping secrets like this from each other now" I said angry to them. They all gave Mike a look, must of been his idea.

"What? Now he know we ain't depending on his ass" Mike says. I went up to him and slapped him. Mariah pushed me back "dont be touching my man" She yelled. Natalie came between us. "Stop it now! We have work to do! Brianna sorry we didn't tell you, but there's nothing we can do now. Now can you go get Ralph" Natalie yells at us. I seen Ralph Angry and knocking stuff over.

"I'll go talk to him" I said calm to them. They nodded.

I spoke to Ralph about giving Johnny a chance with the group, Johnny is sweet, funny and straightforward, I like that. Had to hug and cuddle this boy to calm him down cause of how angry he was. Ralph finally gave him a chance and apologized to him for being upset, he was mostly upset cause of the guys and my sister's not telling him.

Everyone left earlier, Ralph was reading the lyrics.
"You ok" I asked, I stayed behind with him. "Yea, just tryna make sure I got the words right to this song before we actually record" He says.

"Rizz, I can tell you not happy. Johnny is a great singer, but so are you. You was here first, he ain't replacing so stop thinking that" I said. "Nobody can replace or beat Ralph Tresvant, but me" I said making him chuckle and playfully push me. "Yea thanks" He says. He looked up at me and started kissing me. "Bri, I know you declined me before but I'm not giving up. I liked you since we was kids. This is the 2nd time we kissed like this and I'm ready to be more than friends" He says. "I promise to treat you right 24/7, I know you feel the same Bri"
I looked into his eyes and smiled nodding at him. He pulled me into a hug.