Chapter 18- Early Baby

- Mariah -
1992

It's been months since BBD went on their own tour. I was at the studio with Ralph, Natalie and Brianna. We have the nannies watching our kids. I was pregnant again which didn't come as a shock to anyone. 2 months later Brianna says her and Ralph is expecting another. I was shocked because of her medical history stuff. We was all worried for her but like Ralph and Ronnie say, stay positive and just believe in them.

"I can't satisfy
My appetite
I just want you to keep lovin' me, lovin' me, lovin' me, hoo
'Cause you do it right
Please hold me tight
This ride I'll dig to pay the fare
Give extra tips, girl, I don't care
Ah, baby" Ralph sings into the mic.

"I like it, this is for the movie right" I asked Bri. She helped Ralph write this song. "Yea, Mo' Money" Brianna says.
I nodded. Not a bad song and it's facts. Money can't buy you love. "Love the beat Nat" I said, since Natalie been producing music recently she's been helping Rizz with this song. "Thanks, ok Bri let's take it to Part 3" Natalie says as she messed with the buttons.
"Verse 3 Rizz" Brianna says to Ralph. He nodded and started the 3rd Verse.

"Listen
Dig-dig-dig-diggity-diggy-diggy-diggy
Diamonds, rubies, pearls, it didn't matter
As long as I'm spendin' dough, yo, I'm gonna have her
I thought, so I bought and I bought 'til it drained me
And then all at once, yo, it came to me
This is no game about me or you
It's about a love that may be or may not be true
'Cause what I really needed was free and sent from up above
I guess money can't buy me love" Ralph raps his part. I smiled and clapped for him. Natalie played with the buttons. "How was it" Ralph asked coming out.

"Eh, maybe can add some background talk but it's good so far" Natalie says. "It was very good Ralph" Brianna said.  He came out and gave Bri a kiss, we sat down and listen to how it sounded.

I got up and got a phone to call Mike to tell him how much I miss him. He says he'll be back soon, he'll definitely be here before the baby is born.

-

Now 8 months, Brianna is 6 months. The guys are back and we all at Ralph and Brianna house since it was the biggest. We was listening to music and just having fun. I was on a pool chair holding Jayden. Ariah, Diana and Jr was in the pool with Bobby, Ricky and Johnny. Ronnie and Natalie was in the pool while the twins are on a floatie splashing water. Ralph and Brianna are sitting down talking and eating. She didn't look too good. "How's my queen and prince doing" Mike asked as he got off the phone. "Dada" Jayden says reaching for Mike. Mike picked him up. "I'm fine. Just enjoying the sun" I said. "Looking fine too" He says licking his lips. "Boy control yourself, already 8 months pregnant cause someone can't control himself good" I said. He chuckled as his beeper went off for like the 4th time. He gave Jayden back to me as he was falling asleep and checked his beeper. "Who's calling you now" I asked. "Just some work stuff I'll be back" He says giving me a quick kiss. I feel like all he does is be on that God damn phone. He got back from tour and can never put that phone down.

I looked at everyone having fun. While I'm just sitting in a chair with a Gigantic belly and a sleeping baby. "Just another piece of chicken" Brianna says. Ralph nodded and went back inside to get more food. Jayden yawned waking up. "Hey handsome, finally awake huh" I said. He looked at me and gave a small smile. Mike finally came back. "Gonna go play with the kids" He says. I nodded as he takes Jayden back and jumps in the pool with him. Ralph was walking with Brianna plate of food but got splashed by Mike jump.

We all laughed at Ralph. "Damn Biv" Ralph says rolling his eyes then goes to get more food. "Please be careful Mike" Brianna says. She sounded so tired. "You ok sis" I asked. "Got a headache, that's it" she says. She didnt look so good. It got me worried.

Ralph came back with another plate of food. "Thanks Rizzy" She says. He gave her a kiss and rubbed her stomach sitting next to her. "Maybe you should get some rest, like go take a nap then" I said. "Nah I'm fine I tell you" She says. She struggles sitting up to eat. "Mama" Ariah yells. I looked at her with Ricky. She's kicking tryna swim. I clapped for her smiling. Mike was playfully throwing Jayden up in the air and catching him making him laugh.
I smiled at my beautiful family.

Bobby went over to Natalie, Ronnie and the twins. "You guys wanna play with Uncle Bob"Bobby asked. The twins started crying looking at Bobby.
Natalie laughed at him. "Scaring the twins already Bob" Ralph says chuckling. "You want to go for a dip baby" Ralph asked Bri. Bri put her plate on the table next to her. "No! I want to go to the hospital" She says. We all looked at her when she yelled 'no'.

"What why? What's wrong" Ralph asked standing up. "My stomach and back is really killing me Rizz, let's go" She says. He helped her up. "Can you guys clean up, then make your way over" Ralph asked. "Of course" I said. He gave me the house keys.

Everyone rushed out the pool with the kids. We put all the food and drinks away. Everyone changed out of their wet swimsuits.
"Come on, I need to make sure my sister is ok" I rushed Mike who was changing Jayden diaper. "Give me a minute damn, this boy laid a big one" Mike says looking disgusted. I rolled my eyes.

He carried Jayden and Ariah as we made our way to the car. Johnny took the kids from him as Mike helped me in the car and Johnny put them in their car seats with Jr in the middle. Diana was with Nat and Ronnie.

"Mama ok" I hear Jr ask from the back as we made our way to the hospital. "Yes Mama will be ok" I said to him, really hoping that she's Ok. We made it. Me and Natalie rushed to the desk, well I tried. "Brianna Willis-Tresvant" I said to the front desk. They told us we had to wait, not much information is in the system, she's being checked now.
We sat down, waited and prayed for the best.

It's been some time, the kids started falling asleep. "How about we take the kids back to Ralph and Brianna house" Johnny says. Natalie nodded. "Thank you" Ronnie says. "I'll go with you" Bobby and Ricky says. I gave Johnny the keys.

Once they left, Ronnie and Natalie moved closer to me and Mike.
"I'm sure she's fine" Mike says kissing my hand. "Just hope it's not another...you know miscarriage, the doctor did say no more children and they popping out babies like it's nothing" Natalie says worried.

"She's 6 months, ain't 4 months far enough to not have a miscarriage" Ronnie asked. "But it's not uncommon" Natalie says crossing her arms.

"I don't think it's a miscarriage, they taking too long to tell us anything" I said. "Right" Mike says. We waited another 20 minutes, I'm losing patience.

I stood up and walked to the lady at the desk. "Brianna Willis-Tresvant" She asked. I nodded, she typed into the computer. Natalie, Mike and Ronnie came up behind me. The nurse grabbed the phone to call the doctor. "Ok thank you" She says then hangs up. "Well" Natalie says impatient. Ronnie rubs her back.

"She had to go into emergency surgery, the baby was coming 3 months early. They got the baby out and it's in the NICU" The lady says. "And" I said. "What about our dang sister" Natalie shouts annoyed. "Mrs Willis-Tresvant is still in surgery. She lost too much blood and the doctors are trying to fix it now. Mr Tresvant is with her in the waiting room outside the operating room. Sorry nobody told you earlier" She says going back to the computer.

We walked to the waiting room, that was outside the operating room. We saw Ralph with his head in his hands. "Ralph" Natalie rushes to hug him. I went beside him and hugged him also. "Is she okay? Will she be ok? The baby?" Natalie asked quickly. "The baby is in the NICU. The doctors and nurses are running test on her, making sure she lives" He says looking up at us. He looked like he was crying so much. "And Bri" I asked.
"She's fine, they almost done with her surgery, she'll be up soon" He says. Me and Natalie let out a breath. Relieve that our sister is ok. There was a moment of silence. "You had a another girl" Ronnie says rubbing Ralph back. Ralph gave a little smile and nodded.

"Mr Tresvant" A doctor says coming out the room taking his gloves off. Ralph got up fast and rushed inside the room where they had Brianna.