Chapter 7- Earth Angel

* Natalie *
1986

Time without bobby been very stressful, but we been focusing on the tour and just Starlight.
We was at the studio with the boys. They was doing 'A Million To One' and ' earth Angel' while me and my sister's was watching. "How's Bobby recently" Brianna asked me. "He told me he's been fine. Jheryl offered him a solo deal a deal and he took it" I said. "That's great" Mariah says. "Yea...but he's seriously been doing a lot. Hanging out with more gangsters, still doing drugs. He won't listen to me when I try stopping him" I said. "He'll just have to learn the hard way then" Mariah says.

We looked at the boys as they finished A million to One. Glad they fired Gary, he was an asshole.

"Earth angel, earth angel
The one I adore
Love you forever and evermore
I'm just a fool
A fool in love with you" Ralph sings while staring at Brianna. She didn't smile or anything but I knew she wanted to.

"He really likes you Bri" I said watching him. "Did him and Shelly actually break up officially" Mariah asked. "Yea they did, but you know, we just friends" Brianna says. "Mhm" I said. "That was great boys" Brooke says. Now that he's their manager again. Ralph kept staring at Bri. I glared at him and he went back to the lyric sheet.

They came out the studio. "Hey baby" Mike says wrapping his arms around Mariah. "Hi" She says. "Just hi? I always get a Hey baby or hey my lil Mikey" Mike says. Mariah chuckled and turned to him. "Hey my sexy Mikey" Mariah says. "Mmm that's even better" He says pulling her for a deep kiss. "Ewww" Ricky says. I laughed at Ricky expression. "You feeling alright" Ronnie asked me wrapping a arm around me. "Yea, just tired" I said. "You girls have been working hard" Ronnie says. He kissed my cheek "Let's get you back to the apartment" He says. He picked me carrying me. I wrapped my arms holding him. "Yo unc, we gonna go back to the Apartment" Ronnie says. Brooke shrugged. We all got in the limo that's been driving us everywhere.

Once we got in the house Ralph held Bri hand. "Hey Bri, you wanna go see a movie later" Ralph asked her. She looked at me and Mariah. We gave her a small smile. "Not really Rizz, I'll be in my room. Alright" She says sadly then goes to the room.

"What did I do wrong" Ralph asked looking at us. "Bri is just shy that's all" I said. "Yea you know that Ralph" Mariah says. "Well im hungry, are we ordering something or what" Ronnie says. "Yea I don't feel like cooking" Mariah says. "You heard my girl, so go order some food" Mike says. "Should I go talk to her or something" Ralph asked changing the subject back to Brianna.

"Damn Ralph, I'm worried about food and all you worried about is getting some with Bri" Ronnie says. "No it's not like that, Brianna is special" Ralph says. He pushed pass us to go to our room to talk to Bri.

"Glad he's gone, we have to talk" Mike says. "About what" I asked. "Rizz, he's going solo and we know he is. He's been working on his own music. But we need a lead singer if he's thinking about leaving" Mike says as we all sat down on the couch.
"Seriously, replace Ralph" I asked with a confused look. "Impossible" Mariah says. "Oh its possible" Ricky says.
"Who yall tryna let take his place" I asked. "I was thinking J.G" Mike says. "Johnny Gill" Mariah says hype. She loves his music. Mike looked at her confused. Mariah calmed down.
"Yes Johnny, he can blow" Mike says. "Oh I know" Mariah says. We chuckled at her and Mike reactions.
"Johnny is actually a good choice to add to New Edition, that'll be interesting" I said.

"I'll call him up whenever Rizz isn't around or whatever and tell him" Mike says, he got quiet as soon as Ralph and Bri came out the room.
"You guys ok" Bri asked. "Yea, we fine" Ricky say.
The doorbell ranged, it was the food. Me and Ronnie payed for it.
"Let's get some air, how about we go out to the park down the block" Ralph suggested. "Sure that sounds nice" I said. "Nah, we wanna stay back. You guys have fun" Mike says. "Um alright" Ronnie says leaving their food in the bag. They rushed to their room giggling. Next thing all we hear is their bed hitting the wall and moans. "Oh gosh" Bri says. "Let's just go" I said. We all carried our food and left to the park.

Ralph, Ricky and Brianna had a table at the park while me and Ronnie got one for ourselves. "So Natalie, I just wanna ask....what are we" He says eating his food. "What you mean"I asked.

"Are we friends...more than friends or what" Ronnie asked. "I thought we was just friends" I said shrugging. "Just friend? We be kissing, snuggling and going out with each other. That's not friend's" He says and chuckled at the end. "Listen Ronnie, we might of know each other for a while but I'm not looking for anyone. I had my heart broken before and its not gonna happen again" I said. Ronnie got up and took my hand. He walked me to a water fountain which was beautiful.

"Natalie, not every man is the same. I like you a lot Natalie, we have something. I know you feel it too. I wouldn't be trying this hard to get to you if I didn't want you. You're Natalie Marie Willis born March 19, 1967 in New York City. You love to sing and dance, but something you really love is producing, swimming and exploring. You hate spicy food, you act all tough but you do that for your sisters because you are the oldest and you care for them" Ronnie says.
My eyes got wide.
"I really like this woman, she's beautiful, talented and have so much more to her. She knows how to take care of herself, she's very loyal and has a sweet side. She knows that I can take care of her, I will be the best man she has" He added.

"Ronnie I-I don't know-" I said but he cut me off kissing me deeply, I kissed back. "Just give me a chance" He says. "Alright Ron" I said smiling at him. He smiled and went back to kissing me.