Chapter 21- Us Now

-Mariah-
1995

"Welcome back to the 'Talk News with Justice, I'm your host Justice Mane and I'm here with the top group Starlight" Justice says. Me and My sister's clapped with the audience.

"So we here to talk about Starlight, how you guys started and how it's going and answer fan questions" Justice says. We smiled and nodded.

"So Starlight is a sister group that started in 1985, 10 years ago!" Everyone clapped and cheered. "So we have Natalie DeVoe, Mariah Bivins and Brianna Tresvant. These sister's been through so much, they have won 7 Grammys, 4 billboard awards and 2 American Music Awards. That's just amazing" Justice says smiling at us. "Thanks" Natalie says. "On you girls first album 'Living Life' came out 1985, you girls was only 16,17 and 18.
Let's talk about that" She says as our album picture came up. I smiled at how young we was.

"Well this album was written by Brianna, she really did the writing for these songs. It was produced by Brooke Payne who is also our manager" Natalie said. "Yea on this album we had platinum sellings, 'living it up' 'Believe' and 'Dancing All Night'. We made music videos for those 3" I added.

"Yes that was your first album, you girls made history, female group known for dancing, singing, rapping and beat boxing, you girls are all over the music categories" Justice says smiling.

"Then your 2nd album "step up " back in 1988"

"Since our first album was just a start, Step Up was basically us stepping up in the music career, it was more a pop album, more Dancing and rapping in this one" Brianna says. "I remember we also joined New Edition on the Heartbreak Tour that album" I said as memories came back.

"Yes Step Up was amazing, I believe this one had more hits than your first" Justice says.

"Yes we had Down With you"I said. "Boy I see you looking, might as well let me get Down D-Down with you" Natalie starts singing a part of the chorus. We chuckled at her.
"Next was 'Girls Like us' 'Step up' 'Who Run The World (girls)' 'Party' also 'Love On Top'" I said.

"Ahhh Love On Top was my favorite" Justice says smiling.
"Next was 'At The Top' your 3rd album in 1990"

"So that was 5 years after our first album. We accomplished so much since then, we really felt like we was at the top to be honest" Brianna says.
"I agree, our top songs was Pass The Beat, that was more a hip hop song so much Dancing, so much rapping just proving we girls can do the same thing you boys can do when it comes to dancing and music"I said. "We can do the same, but we girls be knowing how to do it better" Natalie says flipping her hair.

"Haha yes you girls do got those moves. Now after that it's like you girls took a break" Justice says looking at her paper.

"Well we was doing so much tours, we was helping our men out with their solo, then we started making adorable babies. So yea" I said.

"You guys finished your 4th album 'Celebration' last year in 1994" Justice says.

"Yes Celebration is basically us celebrating what we did, we are mother's, but we still living life, we still got the moves, we still know how to party but we also know how to be there for our babies and just be a family. That's basically the meaning of our song on that album 'love is better' with New Edition" Natalie says.