Chapter 24- BDT & ADA

-Mariah-
1999

I was cleaning the kitchen. "Ma I finished homework" Ariah says. "Ok you can go play outside now hun" I said. She ran out to the backyard. 

I saw Mike on the couch. "Damn" He says on the phone.

"Mom can I go outside too" Jayden asked. "Yes, how about we all go outside, it's nice out"I said drying my hands. I grabbed a bag of chips and juice boxes. "Mike you coming" I asked. He put his hand up, still on the phone. I rolled my eyes and went outside with my kids.

They was playing basketball. "Ha! Beat you again Jayden" Ariah says making a shot. "That's my girl" I said smiling. She smiled at me and took the basketball again. Mike finally came out. "These songs they got for my groups, like man we need some better writers" Mike says sitting down next to me. "If you would just apologize with the boys, I'm sure you can get Brianna to do some songs" I said. "Nah" Mike said. "Michael it's been 2 years. You guys are brothers, with you guys not getting along me and my sister's feel odd talking because our men are being childish and don't wanna apologize and talk this out" I said.

"2 years ago, that fight was the worse we ever had Riri. Bobby had his people shooting at us. We quit in the middle of the tour and lost so much. I ain't doing shit with those boys" Mike says getting up, he took a bag of chips and went back inside. The kids was looking at us. "Uncle Bobby shot at you and daddy" Ariah asked. A tear fell down my face.
I got up and we inside. I got on the phone and called Brianna.  She didn't answer, I called Natalie, she also didn't answer.  What's happening to this family. 

-

"Let's go Mike" I said. He got in the car with the kids in the back. I drove to Brianna house.

Brooke wanted to talk to all of us. He says we all NEED to be there. 
I pulled up at the house and got the kids out. Brooke been over a lot playing with the kids when I had choreography stuff to do with some groups.

"I wanna ring the bell" lil Mikey says. I picked him up to ring the doorbell. He giggled at that. Brianna open the door. We both screamed and hugged her. Feel like we haven't hug in forever.  "I miss you" Brianna says.
"I miss you more" I said. Natalie came and joined the hug. "Hi kids" Brianna says smiling.  "Hi aunty Bri, hi aunty Natalie" They say. "Pssst Jayden come on" Jr says behind Bri. I gave a weird look.

We came in and saw everyone on the couches. Was a weird vibe, especially for the guys who haven't talked or seen each other in years.

"So what you want to talk about Unc" Ronnie asked. "First I need everyone to settle down. You guys are a family. Yes mistakes come, bad stuff is gonna happen. But we family and should always be there for each other. Yes that was a tense, wild show. So many stuff happened that night. But we ain't gonna let that pull us all apart" Brooke says strictly.  We all looked at each other.

"Yea who's gonna still be brothers with someone tryna shoot me" Mike says. "Listen that was a ex friend that did that and I'm sorry you guys. Brooke is right, we are family and I did take it to another level" Bobby says. Natalie gasp. "Bobby is apologizing, so surprising" She says. We all chuckled.  "Seriously I am sorry and regret everything that happen that night, I messed up this family. I was the problem and I want to fix that" Bobby says Seriously. 

We all looked at him. "I forgive you Bobby" I said. I want this family seriously back together.  "Me too Bob" Brianna says. Me, Natalie and Brianna got up to hug Bobby. "Boy get your ass up now and join" Natalie says. Ronnie rolled his eyes and joined the hug. Next thing everyone got up and hugged Bobby.

"Since we got that out of the way. I have a surprise for you" Brooke says to us. "What is it Stro" Johnny asked.

"Come on out, group 1" Brooke says.

We see our boys come out in yellow suits. I covered my mouth.

"I'm Ronald DeVoe III and I'm gonna be my dad Ronnie" Ronald says.

"I'm Roman and I'm going to be uncle Bobby" Roman says

"I'm Jayden and I'm going to be my dad Mike" Jayden says smiling.

"I'm Stephen and I'm going to be uncle Johnny" Stephen says.

"I'm lil Mikey and I'm going to be uncle Ricky" my baby boy says.

"I'm Jr and I'm playing my dad, Ralph" Jr says and did a spin. We all looked shock and clapped. 

"Let the show begin" Brooke says playing music. 

"My girl's like candy, a candy treat
She knocks me high up off my feet
She's so fine, as can be
I know this girl is meant for me
Candy girl
You are my world
You look so sweet
You're a special treat
Candy girl
All I want to say
When you're with me
You brighten up my day" Jr sings as they all dance.

The music changed. Roman came to the front.

"Mr. Telephone Man
There's something wrong with my line
When I dial my baby's number
I get a click every time
Mr. Telephone Man
Something's wrong with my line
I try to dial her number
But, I get a click every time
Must be a bad connection
I give her my love and affection
I just can't take this no more" Roman sings and dance.

"My baby" Natalie shouts smiling.

The music changed again.

"All I keep thinking about is her in my arms
And I'll never be the same until you are mine
And my friends keep telling me" Jr sings pointing at us.

"When you got a girl who takes her time
You must slow the pace, you can't mess with her mind
If she feels the same, she'll let ya know
Just prepare yourself or be ready to go
And I hope this message stays in your mind
'Cause you almost lost a girl who is right on time
There's one more thing that you got to know
Just cool it down and stay in control" Jayden and Ronald started rapping.

The music changed again.

"So we search for answers to our questions
(Looking for the answers)
No answers but we are taught a lesson every time (Every time)
Through mistakes we've learned to gather wisdom (Ohhhohhh)
(Life's responsibilities falls in our hands)
Keep on learning, keep on growing
(Wisdom helps us understand)
We're maturing, without knowing
(These are the things that change boys to men)" Jr and Stephen sings together. 

"Now let's bring out the ladies!" Jr yells.

Ariah, Aaliyah and Diana came out in little yellow shorts and crop tops.

The music started and they started dancing and singing our songs Pass The Beat, Down With you, Step up and kind of boys we like

We all stood up and clapped. "My little man"Ralph shouts and Jr smiled. "My little girls" Brianna shouts clapping. 

"We named ourselves BDT, for Bivins, DeVoe and Tresvant" Ronald says.

"We named us ADA, just for Ariah, Diana and Aaliyah" Ariah says.

"So buy tickets" Jayden says winking at us.

We all smiled and chuckled.  "That was amazing! You guys did the moves so perfect" Natalie says.

"You think I'm a better Bobby mommy" Roman says hugging Natalie. "Of course" Natalie says hugging back. "Hey" Bobby yells crossing his arms.

"So after this amazing show we had uncle Brooke buy you guys pizza" Diana says. Brooke came out with 3 pizza boxes. "Pizza" Ricky and Lil Mikey yells.

Jr came with 2 bottles of soda and Jayden came with cups.

This was amazing I'm so glad we all came here, apologize and saw this amazing show. Seriously just wanna cry I'm too happy.