Chapter 10

I went inside the house and saw Kayla waiting at the living room. "Did you see Xander? He's been waiting there outside."

I shrugged as all my energy was drained again, interacting with Xander can be pretty tiring. "Why didn't you let him in? and where did you go?" she sure has a lot of questions. I rolled my eyes at her, "why do you care? Don't you have a party to attend to?"

She sat beside me with a sigh, "I was just worried about you... you're sick and I just panicked when I knew you weren't with Xander."

I realized that I acted like a bitch and turned my anger from Xander to her.

"I'm sorry..." I mumbled putting my face in my hands, "I'm fine... I'm with my friend Jake, and can you stop mentioning Xander's name? I don't want to think about him for a while..." she removed my hands to take a good look at my face.

"Jake? Since when did you start having friends other than... him? Wait, was he the reason why you two are fighting?" she demanded.

"I'm tired Kayla, let me rest." I said pushing myself to stand up and started walking up to my room, and she just let me. I lie on my bed staring at the ceiling, are we really going to be like this now?

Well, I just realized that I've been dependent on him for the past years... and now that we're like this, I think it's time to be on my own. I grabbed my writing pen and notebook, since I didn't do much today, I began to feel a little better already.

The contest is near, and I haven't written half of the story yet.

Over the past weeks, I haven't gone into my story so far... and I still didn't know how I managed to go inside it.

***

"Are you done taking a shower? We have a reservation dinner at Bateaux Parisiens Seine River at 7pm, we have an hour and half left. If you don't hurry up, we'll be late." Alexander said waiting for Cassiopeia.

He kept looking at his watch and can't help but sigh, Cassiopeia can't pick an outfit and was still on her bathrobe, it was a formal dinner, and she wanted her first night to be memorable.

"Hey babe? Which one is better, the red dress or the black one?" she asked while showing him both dresses.

He can't see the difference of the two except the colors, he knew both dresses would look good on her.
"Can't you just pick anything love? They looked good on you either way." Cass pouted, dropping the red dress, "black it is." She muttered before going inside the bathroom.

Thankfully, she didn't take long after that and they went to the place just in time.

It was a dinner on a cruise, site seeing beautiful places of Paris. They sat at their reserved table and Cassiopeia can't help but smile in glee at the surroundings, this was the first thing they did and she's already in love with Paris. While she was busy looking around, a flash blinded her for a second.

She looked at Alex and saw a film camera on his hand.

"Memories" was all he said, and Cassiopeia grabbed the camera and just in time for the waiter to hand out their food.

"Excuse me sir, could you take a picture of us?" she politely asked, and the waiter gladly accepted taking a step back to picture the whole thing before giving it back to her. "Thank you!"

Then, they proceeded to eat. "Well, the steak does sure taste expensive." Alexander joked and Cassiopeia laughed at that, it was always fun being just the two of them, it's like having a friendship and a relationship all in one.