Chapter 12

Cassiopeia couldn't resist to squeal, and she hugged Alexander, Paramore is her favorite band and is very popular. She knew they're going to have a concert, but she also knew many people would want to go and that it will be sold out once the ticket was available.

Alexander doesn't like their songs, so she didn't ask him about it, but now that he told her the news, "how did you managed to get those? And I thought you don't like Paramore?"

He shrugged, it's true that he's not a fan of their songs, as he prefers classical ones, but he wanted her to experience this, he knows how much she loves them and their songs, so the moment they announced the concert, he waited patiently and fought through a bunch of their fans and thankfully, he secured two tickets for both.

After that, they decided to talk about the book Alexander brought, it was 'Tuesdays with Morrie' and turns out Cassiopeia knows about the book, but she doesn't read it yet, so Alexander was very happy to share his thoughts about it and he also gave her another piano lesson and she was glad that she can already play the chords on her own now.

Alexander was proud that she's enjoying playing the piano.

"I'm happy that you're enjoying it Cassiopeia" he said giving her a kiss on the forehead and she gave him a big grin, "well I'm happy too that you enjoy reading now."

It looks like they exchanged hobbies and they're both enjoying it.

After the lessons, they decided to go out to the park to enjoy the sunny day, they sat on the grass and looked at the sky. At times like this, Cass can't help but think about the possibilities of her not having a heart illness.

Would Alex still stay by her side and still care for her like this? Will they continue their lives doing their own things? Will they have a normal life and will have a chance to get married and have kids?

Cassiopeia looked at the kids laughing around the park running, then she looked at the old couple sitting beside another bench, and she can't help but sigh, Alex heard that and held her hand, "are you okay?" he asked her softly and she gave him a reassuring smile.

"I'm fine don't worry..."

He can sense that something is bothering her, "what's wrong? Do you want to go home already?"

She shook her head and finally, she opened to him. "To be honest, I always think about life... like what would happen if things were normal. If I were normal. What is it like to plan for our future..." she looked at him and smiled bitterly.

"I wanted to get married, have kids, grow old. But this stupid illness ruined everything, it's like I'm walking on a tight rope and any minute, I'll fall and die. Everyday, I'm struggling to survive."

Her tears fall on her face, Alexander wipes it but doesn't say anything. He knows she needed to let it all out, he knows she's holding all of this for too long now.

"It's like I'm rushing to do all the things I want; everyone's life goes on while mine's on a loop." She let out a sob and Alexander hugged her tightly, he doesn't know what to do to stop her pain, it hurts him too that he can't do anything but be there for her.

"I'm here Cass..." he murmured over and over to calm her down.

When she calmed down, he looked at her straight in the eyes, "if you are strong, you'll make it through okay? You'll survive, there's a way in everything. As you continue to survive every day, it makes a huge difference, because the next thing you know, you've survived for this long and will continue. So, fight with yourself and be strong. I know you can do it, I'm here always by your side to help you. We're in this together."