Chapter 16

Ever since Alexander walked out on her, Cassiopeia can't help but cry. She cried the whole night, and it was the first time he was that mad at her.

She gets his point, but she wanted to explain to him her side and what she wanted to do with her life.

She feels like there's so little time left of her, she wanted him to know that she already accepted her fate. Now, she doesn't know what to think and do anymore.

Alexander was mad at her now...

She knew she must apologize to him. She wiped her tears away before letting out a sigh, she has to apologize now. Time is very important for her so she wouldn't waste another minute weeping.

She took a bath and fixed herself, before deciding to bake some cookies. She wanted to give some for him as a sorry gift. She watched video tutorials on how to make the cookies and she didn't think that it would be very hard.

She followed the video, step by step and measured the ingredients precisely and put it in the oven.

As she waited for the cookies to be done, she decided to grab some papers to write a letter. She knew she can't say anything say everything in front of Alex, so she decided to just give it to him and let him read it instead.

She also knew the moment she says something to him she will cry.

Just as she finished the letter, the oven made a sound indicating that the cookies are already done. She put her letter in an envelope and let the cookies cool down before she put it on a box, and she grabbed her bag before going to Alexander's house.

The moment the sun hit her skin, she let out a content sigh, she missed this.

She loves the sun, and the feeling of the heat makes her happy, but she became serious again when she's already at Alex's front door. She let out a soft sigh before knocking. There's no answer so she knocked again.

"I guess he went out." She muttered to herself and was about to walk away when someone opened the door. There stood a girl who's about Cass's age staring at her curiously, "who are you?" she asked rudely, Cassiopeia's eyes widened, she's sure that this is Alex's house, and he doesn't have any siblings.

"Jade are you being rude to people again? How many times do I have to tell you to talk politely to people?"

Alexander's voice became loud as he approached the door.

His eyes widened as he saw Cassiopeia, he rubbed his eyes incase he's just imagining things. Cassiopeia felt like it's stupid thing to come there, clearly, he's busy with someone.

"I uh... I better go" she said softly and turned her back to them feeling embarrassed.

Alexander pushed Jade to the side before going out the door to grab Cass's wrist, "no stay..." he said making her look at him and then at the girl named Jade, he noticed it and looks at Jade in realization.

"Oh, this is my cousin Jade." The word cousin playing on repeat in Cassiopeia's mind, she's just a cousin. She felt stupid for thinking other things about them. "Jade, this is my girlfriend, Cassiopeia." She let out a small wave at Jade while blushing.

Jade just rolled her eyes before walking away from them, muttering "whatever."

He then led her inside and made her sit on the couch, "I'm sorry I can't come to your house today, I'm baby-sitting someone as you can see." He said awkwardly and she let out a soft smile, but then she became serious again and handed out the paper bag that has the letter and cookies.