Fooled

You reluctantly agreed to come with Camilo and Mirabel to Casa de la Madrigals. It wasn't a long walk the conversation they had certainly was.

"Camilo makes the most trouble and manages to get away with it." Mirabel sighed. "Even Antonio is following his footsteps."

"You only get in trouble if you get caught." Camilo said the motto he lived by.

"No wonder why you are so annoying." you muttered out loud.

"You're the only one with a problem with me, because you Abuela certainly loves me." he smiled cockily.

"My Abuela would love any boy my age with the chance of being my boyfriend." You rolled your eyes.

"I'm sorry Hermosa, I'm flattered but I'm not looking for a relationship." Camilo replied with an annoying little grin.

"Wasn't interested. But thank you for your kind rejection." you played along, continuing to roll your eyes.

You all stopped in front of the front door.

You knocked on the door and waited a second for someone on the other side to open.

The door swung open by Dolores. She gave a small squeak as you gave her a little wave to defuse the hint of awkward and slight tension in the air.

Mirabel and Camilo manage to somehow push your reluctant self into the house. On your way in, you caught Alma walk down the stairs, on her way to the dining room.

"Dinner's ready!" Julieta yelled from the dining room making Alma stop in her tracks to notice you before starting to approach the three of you.

Mirabel and Camilo tensed up as she stepped closer. Mirabel fixed her posture standing behind you, Camilo standing there with his arms at his side.

"Welcome to our home," she smiled at you before turning and continue her way to the dining room. "Treat our guests well, Camilo." her face grew dark as she gave a warning look.

"I always do, Abuela." he smirked back, you fought back a scoff as well as a laugh. For a second, it almost slipped out. Almost.

You expected her to have more to say considering she had asked you to come this dark at night.

"Camilo! Mirabel!" Julieta called once again seeing that there were two missing grandkids in the dinner table, she was starting to get frustrated.

"We already ate at Y/n's house," Mirabel responded. "We'll be in the nursery." she excused, pushing you up the stairs and dragging you into her room with Camilo following with a bored expression.

"But Camilo hasn't eaten yet," you whispered as they dragged you up the stairs.

It took you second before realizing.

You gasped in realization. "You tricked me!" you exclaimed lowly in absolute fury as soon as soon as the door closed.

"You made it so easy, how could we have resist?" Camilo remark wearing that signature, unbearable smirk on his face whilst holding back a laugh.

You pressed your eyes shut in frustration, "What exactly is your plan here, Mirabel?!" pinching the bridge of your nose.

"I.. I don't know yet," she stuttered having no hard answer. "but I know if we're going to investigate we have to start in Tío Bruno's room." she stoically declared.

You had to admit a part of you was curious about the night of the ceremony, and no one was necessarily volunteering to give you answers.

"Fine.."

Author's note:

Yes, it's short but I swear I'll make up for it in the next chapter that's ready and complete, just waiting for my beta reader to finish reading it😭.