Invitation

"Abuela wants to speak to Y/n." Dolores says hearing Alma from a few rooms away. "She's in her room,"

You got up with Camilo leading you out the room. He walked behind you with a respectful distance. He made sure you were going to Alma's room, knowing you were a flight risk.

"Don't be nervous," Camilo spoke softly.

"..How can I be if your family miracle is dying and it might be my fault?" you replied in deep thought.

"Them blaming you is hard enough, don't blame yourself too." Camilo breathed out. "Don't make it your responsibility to fix something you didn't break."

He was right.

"That's the thing..I have to take responsibility because I might be the one who broke your miracle." you said nervously at the thought.

"No, it's not." Camilo refused to put the blame on you. "Would it be so bad for the miracle to die? It wouldn't be the end of the world if we lose our gifts," he looked at his hands that signified his gift.

The conversation came to a stop when you reached Alma's room. You walked in, seeing the candle shine brighter as you laid your eyes upon it as it stood on the frame of the window.

"What did you want to talk about?" you asked, hoping Alma was in the room with you.

"There is power within you.." Alma says, making you break your gaze from the candle and turn to Alma who stood a few meters behind you, setting down a tea pot on a table. "You have to find a way to channel that power and save the Miracle." she said straight forward.

I don't know how to do that.

"The candle is dying because it had given its life to you. Now, you owe the miracle. You must channel that power to keep the miracle going.." Alma smiled softly as she laid eyes on you with a hopeful yet relieved expression.

"I don't know how you expect me to do that." you laughed nervously, not quite as hopeful as the expression on Alma's face.

"I believe in you," she whispered, walking closer to you. "Starting tomorrow, I invite you to live in casa Madrigal permanently." she smiled, placing a hand on your cheek like she had known you your entire life.

"The Encanto needs you. This family needs you. I need you."

-

As soon as you walked out, Camilo came up to you and asked for an update, to which you told him everything.

"Well, what'd you say?" he walked with you as you explained.

"I told her I'd think about it before moving in!" you exclaimed softly as if it was the obvious answer. "I can't move in, Camilo." you chuckled, shaking your head as you collide with the truth.

"Why not?" he asked.

"Camilo, your cousins hate me. How am I suppose to live in a house I'm not welcome in?" you asked, flashing a smile like it didn't bother you.

"Well, Casita doesn't hate you and she is the house!" he laughed as Casita clicked and clacked in agreement. "Do you want me to take you home?" he offered.

"Thank you, but my house isn't that far from here. I'll return on my own." you declined pertaining to your Abuela's house in the village rather than the cabin in the forest.

"Or.. You could stay over," he says giving a smirk you hadn't seen in a long time.

Author's note:

Hello! I just wanna make a little announcement!

My friends and I are starting a discord server for writers, aspiring writers, and even beta readers!

The server also pings you for updates on the story and my upcoming works and works of my co-owners!

Our goal is to help improve the writing community with their works!

We support all kinds of writing from fan fiction to general fiction and even smut stories (smut writing are reserved for people 16-18+)!

This server is only for people above the age of 13!

Link: https://discord.gg/GyePnAHNzV