Band Practice

That morning, while the Madrigals were serving the community, Camilo was out babysitting kids and toddlers as usual while their parents took a break.

The kids managed to drag him down the end of the road, next to the trees and forests. Loud music was getting louder the closer they got.

"Oh my god! It's actually them!" a girl with dutch braided hair jumped and pointed at the group of people creating the music.

"Mateo is so cool! He can play the guitar!"

"I wanna be like Y/n! She's the coolest! She can play drums! That's like the hardest instruments in the world!!"

"Nuh uh, Lucas is the coolest! He plays the piano like my dad!"

"I bet Miguel could beat up Lucas!"

"Well, Ines wrote all their songs, she's obviously the best!"

The kids argued over who was the best band member out of the five. Camilo had to pull the kids apart from each other before they start a physical fight.

"Take a break guys."

A voice from the distance announced as the band went quiet. Camilo glanced up to see Mateo, telling everyone to take a break.

"Can we meet them? Can we please?!" a hyperactive boy asked bouncing up and down in a concerning rate.

Before Camilo could tell the kids they couldn't disturb the band, a voice called them.

"Camilo?"

An all too familiar voice called him. The swarm of kids turned to the voice and saw you waving at their babysitter.

"You know Y/n?!" the kids yelled feeling utterly betrayed.

Despite your plans to sleep under the shade of a tree you found yourself approaching the crowd of kids and a teen that stood out of place.

"That is a lot of kids," you laughed at the sight of kids hiding behind Camilo, too shy to talk to you. "Y'know, if you missed me that much you could've just said so.."

The five minutes of sleep you had last night had half of your brain turned off.

"Look who's feeling bold," he smirked, unfazed by your remark.

You simply scoffed before a kid tugged on his yellow poncho, grabbing his attention.

"Oh Y/n, this is Amara, Carlos, Juan, and Maria." he introduced the eager kids waiting for the moment to approach you. They slowly revealed themselves from Camilo's back.

"Hi!" you knelt down excited to meet these little people. You've always loved little kids, gullible little kids.

"She's prettier up close!!" Amara practically screamed as she poked and cupped your face.

The kids giggled, stared and poked you like a piece of art in a museum.

"She's so cool!" the kids looked like they had glitter on their eyes as it shined at the sight of you.

"Careful kids, if you get too close she might bite you." Camilo shape shifts to a monstrous version of you in attempts to scare the kids.

The kids screamed and ran behind you, giggling and laughing.

"Careful Camilo. If you keep scaring the kids with my face, I'll bite you." you gave a sarcastic smile.

"Ooh.. Scary," he said sarcastically before he merged back to himself with a bored expression.

"Y/n!" Mateo called, seeing the band had gathered around ready to resume band practice.

"I have to go. Come to my house tonight, there's something I wanna talk to you about."

And with that you ran off to rejoin the band, leaving Camilo's curiosity to eat him alive.

"Is she your girlfriend?" one of the kids whispered to Camilo as you ran off to your drum set.

Camilo felt giddy at the thought of you being his girlfriend but managed to find composure.

"Alright. That's enough wandering around, back to the village before you give your parents a heart attack," he said dismissively, pushing the kids to the village back to where they were previously.

He never really had the intentions of making you his girlfriend, to him it was just playful flirting. He never knew how euphoric the idea was until it was mentioned.

One question seemed to linger in his thoughts—

Did he even stand a chance with you?