Late Night Discussion

You finished practice about four o'clock in the afternoon. As brutal as the time schedule sounds, the band spends about one-fourth of the time as breaks doing whatever they pleased.

That night just as planned, Camilo snuck out and went to visit you.

Camilo managed to climb up your window unheard, and explored your room while you were downstairs eating dinner with your Abuela.

A bit of a nasty shock when you found out.

Camilo laughed at your reaction when you screamed and threw your drumsticks at him and missed by a long shot.

"Didn't your Abuela teach you to knock on the front door?" were the exact words you told him.

"Didn't your Abuela ever teach you to aim better?" was his reply as he picked up your drumsticks from the floor. "What did you want to talk about anyways?"

"The Fallen Flame Festival, the one coming up in a few days." you fought a yawn making your way to your bedside table.

"Yeah? What about it? Are you asking me to be your date?" he says cocking a smirk, crossing his arms.

"Sorry, but I'm not interested." you smile patronizingly as you grab the book you found in Bruno's room earlier.

"Anyways,, Mirabel was right." you flipped through the pages of the book. "Casita, Your Family, The Encanto, they're falling apart."

Camilo's face dropped. This was serious.

"Bruno wrote about it, he didn't sound certain but it really is happening." you regretfully informed. "Didn't Mirabel piece together Bruno's vision yet?" you asked, to which Camilo shrugged his shoulders.

"Is there any way to stop it?" he asked, worry painted his face.

"The Fallen Flame," you answered. The flipping of the pages halted as you find the page.

The Fallen Flame Festival was a celebration to commemorate the day the candle saved a dying newborn, every year on the child's birthday every family in the village releases a lantern.

What the Madrigals– well most Madrigals failed to realize was the candle had given half it's life to the child, giving them unimaginable gifts.. maybe even immortality.

"Find the candle child, maybe they can help you..? Bruno never mentioned the child ever leaving Encanto.. They're probably still here," you answered, yawning. "Your best chance of finding them is on the festival," You sat on your bed leaning on the headboard.

Camilo picked up the book next to you and read the journal entries written across it. Silence resurfaced as Camilo's eyes flickered through the pages of the book.

But when he looked up you had already fallen asleep. He couldn't blame you, they had tricked you to stay up all night and investigate. You manage to fell asleep before you remember to ask what was in Bruno's vision.

He didn't even care if you slept in an unflattering position, he just smiled to himself shaking his head. He closed the book and placed it on your nightstand before placing a blanket over you and sneaking back out your window.

As his feet touched the ground he had caught your Abuela's eyes as she went on her night stroll. Camilo froze.

"Walk with me, Camilo.."