Date To The Festival

A week passed by. You had been living low for the time being. Camilo would often visit you and check up on you.

Camilo managed to convince Mirabel to keep your identity a secret until they figure out a way to tell you about what they saw in Bruno's prophecy.

Or when they figure out a way to maybe, possibly, avoid the dying bit.

You pushed your grievances to the back of your head. You spent most of the day sleeping or escaping reality with a book.

After you missed three band practices, the twins took it upon themselves to search for you. Eventually, they found your Abuela's cabin, hidden in the woods.

You asked them to keep it a secret, which they did. As far as they knew, you were simply grieving. They would visit you a lot too. They'd even abandon band practice to spend the rest of the day keeping you accompanied.

You had to admit. Having company was nice, especially during the time you felt most alone.

Mateo must be frustrated. Half of the band was barely attending practice anymore. Luckily, Miguel was there to calm him down.

"The band is performing on the Fallen Flame Festival, are you still coming?" Ines brought up as she sat on the carpeted floors.

Oh right, the band was performing.

"I don't think I can.." you answered disappointingly.

"You have to go! It's the biggest festival of the year!" she exclaimed, shocked that you weren't attending the biggest celebration of the year in Encanto.

It was also your birthday.

"It's the most romantic day of the year; lanterns, fireworks, music.." she fantasized the day of the festival, love struck. "If you don't want to go because you don't have a date, you can always go with Lucas. He was planning on asking you to be his date anyways." she suggested with a genuine smirked and teased like a stereotypical teenage girl.

Rolling your eyes, you mentally scoffed at the idea. You were flattered but your mind was far from the idea of romance.

"I really can't," you pleaded, as soon as those words left your mouth Camilo walked into the cabin.

Over the days, he's developed the habit of no longer knocking. It never affected you until this moment.

"Oh... so that's why you can't.." she mumbled to you before returning her gaze to the shape shifter that entered the room unaware of the extra body in the room.

"Oh—" Camilo said in shock finally noticing Ines sitting on the floor. Ines waved her hand innocently.

"This is Ines, the bassist for the band." you introduced her. "Ines, this is Camilo.. Madrigal,"

Her eyes widen in shock at the mention of the name Madrigal. Camilo smiled sweetly greeting Ines with a small nod.

Camilo has been very kind and considerate recently. He'd come over to clean up after you, even if there was nothing to clean up. He'd organize your bed and clothes. You couldn't be more grateful.

"So.. will you come?" Ines returned to her previous topic. Camilo found himself listening to your conversation.

"I'm serious, I really can't." you repeated once again.

"Having no date isn't a reason to skip out on the town's biggest event!" she said loudly for Camilo to hear, she couldn't be any more obvious.

Camilo chuckled, shaking his head at Ines' obvious attempts. You rolled your eyes as you continue to scan the pages of your book.

"Ay Hermosa, if you wanted a date, you could've just asked." Camilo rolled his eyes with a grin on his face, saying the words Ines wanted to hear before hopping next to you on the bed.

"You'd be fine if I go?" you turned to Camilo, shocked since he was the one who suggested you to lay low.

He shrugged his shoulders, "Yeah." He says leaning his back down in the bed, yawning. You smiled at the option you still had yet to think about.

"Well, I don't wanna overstay.. I have to get back to band practice. I'll see you tomorrow for the festival and that's final!" Ines declared before closing the door behind her, not giving you a chance to utter a word.

"Do you wanna go to the festival?" Camilo asked with his eyes closed as he attempted to take a nap after babysitting kids all morning.

"Are you asking me to be your date?" you asked jokingly, flipping the pages of your book.

"Yeah, I am." though it sounded out of spite, he really did mean it to be sincere.

Camilo was the chillest person you knew, so the idea of flowers and cheesy compliments where off the table, and it sounded fun.

"Then, sure." you agreed nonchalantly before returning your attention solely on your book, without realizing the glistening smile on your face. Camilo couldn't help but smile too as he tried to take his nap.