Uncle

Camilo and Mirabel snuck away from the family and searched sneakily around the village in attempts to spy on you if ever they even find wherever the Gods had placed you.

Walking past a few houses, Mirabel heard a sound coming from your Abuela's old house. She quietly tapped Camilo's arm, informing him about the sound before slowly approaching the house.

Opening the door slightly, they saw a man standing behind you as you boxed all your Abuela's old picture frames, not seeming to notice the man standing behind you.

Camilo barged in without thinking, feeling a sense of danger in the aura. You look back to the entrance, gasping at the sudden sight of the unnoticed man, dropping a picture frame, shattering it to pieces. 

"Who are you?!" you asked rather aggressively from the shock that sent your heart flying out your chest. Camilo ran to your side examining the man who had a guilty look on his face.

"I'm-" the man tried to explain himself but Camilo dragged you out of the house before you could hear his explanation.

"Do you know how dangerous that was?!" Camilo asked, pulling you into the streets. "Y/n, you are the candle miracle if anything happens to you affects my family heavily!" he whisper-yelled trying to keep the attention away from both of you as Mirabel simply stood worried in the side.

"Right. Sorry." You didn't feel like arguing. 

Camilo was just tense after lunch with Alma being more passive-aggressive than usual. 

"Why'd you lie about going to band practice?" Camilo asked more calmly than he was previously.

Questions had run through your head all morning that you needed to think about.

Are we too young for this?

Everything. You were fifteen and it felt like you were carrying burden your supposed to learn to handle in your 20s.

Every time a Madrigal mentions your gift from the candle it feels you can't move. You didn't feel liberated, instead, you felt paralyzed. You were just a normal person with no ounce of power. How were you expected to suddenly fix a family that's falling apart? 

"I just wanted to pack a few more stuff before tonight." 

Isabela's engagement.

"Look, I'm sorry. Let's just go home." He turned around.

You were at home. Until he dragged you out.

You followed him back to casita with Mirabel following quietly behind you two.

As you reached the front door Camilo walked right in. Mirabel held you back for a moment.

"He's not usually like this, I hope you know that." Mirabel spoke, pertaining to his little outburst in the streets.

You walked in after hearing those words, Mirabel followed behind you.

Everyone has been stressed lately, no one can blame anyone for blowing up. The Madrigals are growing weak and they are crumbling, you were pressured to fix that.

You sat in the nursery, getting ready for dinner while everyone prepared. They didn't really need your help, so you just stayed out the way.

You sat there in thought of the nightmare you once had and woke up with Camilo holding you. Your eyes trailed anywhere else that could distract you. You didn't know how but you found yourself pacing just to distract your mind from the heavy stress you felt.

Your pacing grew faster and as you took another step you stubbed your toes at the bed leg.

You held your breath and groaned lowly. It hurt. A lot. As the pain subsided, you felt better. It was like a portion of the stress dissolved.

Before your mind thought about doing anything worse, a knock on the door interrupted.

"Abuela wants you down." Isabela said as she closed the door and made her way down. You sighed and followed after a few seconds of composure.

Alright, let's get this over with.

You walked down the stairs casita had made. That was when you saw the exact stranger that almost ambushed you, back at your abuela's house. He stood next to Alma as their eyes followed you down the stairs.

"It's nice to finally meet you."

You had no clue who this man is.

"I'm your real father's brother," He introduced himself. "My name is Carlo."

Alma, simply stood there like a chaperone, studying your interacting with the man that claims to be your uncle.

You had no words. You wanted to feel angry, or sad, or anything.

But

Nothing.

"Can I help you with something?" you asked.

"I..." Carlo chuckled nervously. "I just wanted to meet you." He answered.

"Maybe you should join us for dinner." Alma suggested with a kind smile. "If that is okay with you, dear?" she added.

Carlo looked at you, waiting desperately for you answer.

Author's note:

Hello hello! I was in such a rush to finish this chapter that my beta reader doesn't know about this-

Enjoy anyways.