Oh

For the past days, the Madrigals have been avoiding telling you about their lost of powers. They didn't want to tell you because it wasn't your responsibility or problem. So, as far as your concern, the Madrigals were happy and back to normal with their powers.

You woke up that morning to find everyone elsewhere. You walked around the village trying to find something to occupy yourself with.

You passed by the church and saw Camilo sitting inside. You decided to go in.

"Since when were you so religious?" you asked, making your presence known. "Where is everyone?"

Camilo shrugged his shoulders.

You sat next to him seeing his expression tainted with reflection.

"Are you ok?" you asked.

He hesitated before answering, "I'm scared.."

You started to get nervous and confused. "Scared of what?" you whispered.

"You."

"What?" you were more confused that ever.

"I love you so much and it scares me because every morning, when I wake up, I have no idea if you are still here!" he raises his voice. "After your Abuela had passed away, it wasn't hard to realize; you don't like being alive."

His voice breaks.

"When you were unconscious, after casita had fell apart, I was so scared you wouldn't come back, I was so scared that you wouldn't fight to be alive,"

You started to realize you were crying. Because he was right. He noticed.

"I need you to fight. I'll promise you a happy ending if you just try.."

You cried. Because for once in your life, you felt so seen.

He paused. It was then you realized another thing; This boy, this ball of sunshine, needed you just as much as you needed him.

"..You love me?" you smiled through the broken tears.

"Shut up," he exhales, laughing before wrapping his arms around you, hugging you.

Maybe you were feeling so ecstatic that you thought you were physically seeing the flowers on the altar grew as you hugged Camilo.

"I won't go anywhere," you promised.

"Let's get you home, idiot."

-

You sat on your bed reading a book while Camilo went downstairs to grab some snacks.

You yawned, and suddenly felt a pop in your ear. Suddenly, you could hear the entire world. You gripped your ears, attempting to tear them off. The sound was so deafening that you wished you'd go deaf any second. You wanted to scream out in pain but you were scared if you'd scream you'd only hurt yourself.

You were so grateful Camilo came back at that moment.

"Hey, hey, hey, what's wrong?" Camilo asked, panicked.

"Everyone– everything is so loud," you whimpered. It wasn't long for the sounds to be unbearable for your physical body.

Your nose started to bleed. Your ears started to bleed, as well.

Camilo called for Dolores. But you passed out before Dolores came back.

By the time you woke up, you discovered super hearing and growing flowers weren't the only abilities you somehow have. Super strength and shape-shifting.

But you couldn't control them.

Fuck..