huit.

Moving in with Ramses Young was something Milan couldn't have pictured in a thousand, million years, but she'd been there a day so far and she had yet to have to mace him in the face for getting handsy with her.

He had a nice place.

Not an apartment which was surprising, but an actual house with three beds and two bathrooms. She really didn't have to see him if she didn't want to.

He delivered on that at least.

He could cook too. For her first night he'd made a kick-ass lasagna with spinach. Now all she had to worry about was him fattening her up and eating her like a witch.

It was around eight at night and Milan was just finishing up putting her clothes in the closet in her room when she heard a knock at her bedroom door.

Very polite for a man who broke into her car to try and get a date.

When she opened the door, of course it was Ramses. He was dressed in a white tee shirt and gray  Nike shorts, black Nike slides on his feet as well.

"I was wondering if you wanted to come out and watch Brown Sugar with me. Yo' lil ass used to be off crack watching this movie when we were younger so..."

Milan smiled fondly at the memory of her discovering the almost decades old movie now. She couldn't help it, she was a sucker for black love stories.

She nodded, leaning on the door as he looked at her. "Yeah, I'll be out. Thanks for inviting me." She joked a bit before closing her door again.

For some reason, she was giddy inside like he'd just asked her on a date.

Looking in the mirror that was attached to her door, she looked down at what she was wearing. A gray tank top and her old navy blue high school gym shorts that were way too tight now that she'd grew an ass ten fold the size of when she was running laps in them in school.

She had to remind herself that this was her home for now and she didn't need to look her best all the time for him.

They were roommates.

But even then, she couldn't help herself from pulling her hair down from her messy ponytail and brushing it out a few times before grabbing her phone and stepping out of her room, into the hallway.

Walking into where the living room connected with the kitchen, she saw Ramses was already comfortably on the couch on his phone. Definitely not into the movie that was on. She hadn't eaten in a minute so she went into the kitchen for a snack.

"You want anything from over here?" She asked him, and he looked up from his phone immediately.

Milan instantly got self conscious of her position, which was reaching into his cupboard to grab a bag of chips. His eyes ran down the length of her body slowly before answering.

"Nah, I'm good. Grab me a water though, please."

Nodding at that, Milan got her chips then grabbed him a water from the fridge like he asked before walking over and handing it to him. Sitting down with her chips, she sat in the crook of the couch where the arm rest met the back of it.

As she opened the bag up, she could feel Ramses eyes still on her. She looked up and made a face at him, "Is there a problem?" She asked to snap him out of his gaze. Ramses smiled.

"I'm just wondering why you stuffed your ass in that corner. You think I'mma bite you?" He smartly returned and Milan resisted the urge to throw the bag of chips on him.

He was lucky I was hungry.

She put one in her mouth, turning her face towards the TV and shrugged.