onze.

"C'mon na, 'Lani. Let me know where we going."

Devon's voice broke her out of the internal back and forth she was going through.

"Take me back to your crib." She decided.

She'd rather look like a whore in the morning, than have Ramses and Devon shoot each other tonight.

With that, her brother got out of his car and proceeded to walk over to Marcus. He was still standing outside watching Milan and Devon's exchange with a curious expression. When he realized Devon was walking up to him, he began taking a couple steps back.

"C'mon D, he don't wanna play with you!" Milan called after her brother as he continued to walk up on Marcus.

Not fast enough because Devon grabbed Marcus by the collar of his shirt. "Run me $20 for getting my sister drunk off her ass."

Marcus's eyes grew two sizes.

"What?" He asked, dumbstruck.

"Give me $20, n*gga. You don't have it?"

Before Marcus could even respond again, Devon laughed obnoxiously in his face and looked over to a very "over-it" Milan.

"'Lani, you telling me you fuck with n*ggas that can't even give me $20? We on bums now?"

Milan dragged a tired hand over her face as she leaned on the hood of Devon's car.

She felt like she was thirteen again. Back then, Devon would throw popping firecrackers at any boys who hung around the house to try and talk to her.

"I ain't no fucking bum, n*gga." Marcus snapped, now shoving Devon off of him.

This is what Devon wanted ultimately, he loved when other boys tried to fight him when they were younger, and that aggression had yet to subside in their twenties.

A darkness flickered over Devon's face just as a smirk appeared as well. In what felt like milli second he swung on Marcus and punched him in the face. The sound of the hit echoing in the air. Milan slapped a hand over her mouth.

"Oooo shit boy! Keep playin'!" Her brother taunted Marcus, shaking the hand he had just hit him with like he'd just touched something hot.

Marcus was bent over slightly, a hand pressed to his cheek as he worked his jaw slowly. He cut his eyes across the grass at Milan and it took everything in her to not look away.

"Don't look over there, n*gga. You just got bitch--"

Marcus crushed the words in Devon's throat. The man gurgled softly as he looked up at Marcus in horror.

He went from being doubled over to choking the living daylights out of Devon.

She let it go on for as long as she could but she noticed her brother frantically grabbing at his waistline and immediately she ran over and slapped her hands over Marcus's eyes, pulling with all her strength.

"Alright, alright. Both of y'all cut this shit out." She told both of them with sternly.

Disorienting the attacker always seemed to work when she broke up fights in the club.

His grip on her brother's throat instantly weakened as he went to remove her hands from his eyes.

"Get your stupid ass back in your fucking car. Shit, I'm sober now." Milan hissed at her brother as she pulled Marcus away, creating distance between him and Devon. Her brother coughed, breathing deeply as he tried to catch his breath. He looked at Milan, then he looked at Marcus whose own deep breathing caused him to look like a bull ready to charge.