trente-six

Nicoletta's face now matched Milan's as realization dawned on her.

She opened her mouth to speak, but the guest of honor grabbed her shoulder first.

"Nicki! So glad you could make it!" A man dressed in a tan suit and suggestively opened button down greeted the brunette loudly. Nicoletta's face immediately morphed into one that looked as joyous as his.

"Manuel! You know I couldn't miss one of your parties. You rarely throw them anymore!" Nicoletta didn't miss a beat, although she reached behind her and grabbed Milan's hand to pull her closer.

Manuel's face only seemed to get brighter as he laughed at Nicki's small joke. He brought her in by her waist to give her another hug. Milan knew she looked like Nicoletta's small child at this point, but she was not letting go of her hand.

Once they ended their embrace, it seemed that Manuel finally noticed Milan hanging on as Nicki's new appendage and waved at the sheepish looking Milan.

"Well, well Nicoletta didn't tell me she was bringing such a beautiful plus one tonight. What's your name, gorgeous?" Manuel boldly flirted with her.

By the amused looks of every one around them, Milan drew that this was apart of his usual behavior. All eyes were on her now and she didn't want to embarrass Nicoletta.

"I'm Milan. Milan Cozart." She introduced herself confidently, swallowing the urge to throw up everywhere. She noticed a flicker in Manuel's eye, something that made the hair on the back of her neck stand. It was dirty.

"Absolutely honored to be in your presence tonight, Miss Milan." Manuel replied, taking her free hand and placing a soft kiss on it.

The audience around them swooned and even Nicoletta let out a shy giggle.

Milan resisted rolling her eyes.

Old money was never her cup of tea.

She nodded and smiled at Manuel as not to offend him. He then leaned over and whispered something in Nicki's ear.

As she waited for the two of them to get done discussing whatever, Milan found herself looking for Carlos again. She did not want to accidentally run into him tonight.

Her worst fear literally materialized right in front of her as she noticed Carlos was approaching their group and walking up behind the animatedly chatting Manuel.

He slapped a hearty hand on the man's back as a greeting. Manuel didn't even flinch and looked over to Carlos with a grin.

"Ay, mi hermano! I was just inviting Nicoletta and her friend to our little section over there. What do you think?" Manuel opened up the conversation to Carlos. Carlos looked at the pair of women and greeted them as well with a nod.

Milan felt like she was being checked out by the devil himself.

Carlos's eyes ran up her body painstakingly slow. He looked a little younger than Chrisanto now that she could see him close up. His jawline was sharp and smattered with a dark shadow that only heightened his overall dark look.

He had those same rebellious curls Chrisanto had. Never failing to look like he'd just finished rolling out of someone's bed. He and Manuel had the same taste now, because his black button down was also now open a couple of buttons. A sliver of his muscled chest exposed to the public.

Their eyes were the same.

Deep coffee brown eyes that felt like they had the power to bring you to your knees.

"I like that idea a lot, brother. Let's show them now, shall we?" Carlos offered up, and Manuel followed his lead as the two women now were expected to follow them.