vingt.

For a couple moments, it felt like time had stopped and the only thing keeping Milan grounded was the sound of blood whooshing in her ears as she stared down at the screen.

I know his mama at home throwing up and crying.

Was Milan's first thought as she analyzed the picture of Ramses holding an apparently pregnant Tatiana. Nothing made any sense. 

She and Ramses had been messing around for at least two months now, and Tatiana was just now spilling the beans she was knocked up? 

And if we wanted to really be honest, it was a bit too late to cash in the "wait, I'm pregnant" card to keep her man.

That's when the dread of her agreeing to stay away from him set in. And hell, she'd already ran out in the first place. Now she had more than enough reason to keep away from them all. Just as she was gaining the strength to slide away from the instagram story, her phone started ringing.

There was a No Caller ID banner blinking back at her, but she knew, or at least she hoped it to be who she thought it was.

Without a second thought, she picked it up. 

"Hello? Who is this?" 

She answered, the words flying out of her mouth.

"Who the fuck else gon' be calling you?" Ramses voice poured from the other side of the line.

Milan's eyes fluttered closed. For some reason, just hearing him seemed to bring down her heart rate from the foolery on her screen. However, he was still apart of why her heart was beating wildly in the first place.

"Ain't you a new found daddy?" Milan couldn't help, but sass back. Lord knows, she'd never be step mother material, especially with a crotch fruit that fell from Tatiana's tree. 

She heard Ramses's deep sigh. 

"You left me, Mi." He stated. 

Milan couldn't understand how that was relevant to the fact that Tatiana was pregnant with his child. Every time she got around to missing a man, they were sure to let her know just why they were unworthy. 

"And obviously, it was just in time. Y'all deserve each other." Milan deadpanned into the phone before hanging up the call. She hated that she was proving him right with everything he swore he wouldn't do.

He swore he could protect her.

She was kidnapped from his house.

He swore he was over Tatiana and would not be revisiting his past.

Hard not to revisit your past when they're pregnant with your future. 

And now, Milan was sitting in a hotel room alone with as much as her stuff as she could carry in a hotel room. Theoretically homeless.

Taking a deep breath and shakily putting her phone back down on her bed, she unraveled herself from the towels she'd wrapped around her frame. The steam from her waiting shower was bellowing luxuriously from the bathroom, and Milan welcomed it as she walked in.

The feeling of the almost scalding hot water softly beating against her skin felt like being reborn in every way she needed right now. As she scrubbed away, she was surprised when she felt tears prick her eyes. Then came a sniffle.

Soon enough, Milan had put down her washcloth and began to cry in the shower. It felt like she'd  been holding it in for days. It started as a quiet stream of tears down her face to her outright angrily sobbing.