quinze.

"And why the hell would I do that?" Milan asked the woman on the other line of the phone.

She had to admit that the wager pissed her off. They were both adult women and knew the havoc on the streets would not stop unless someone did something. Yet, Tatiana needed a prize for doing so, and her chosen prize was Ramses Young.

And after what he did to her on the kitchen sink?

Milan didn't want to give that up for sure. 

"I mean... the choice is yours, Milan. You're the one whose head they want. This is all your fault." Tatiana proceeded to pull at the fraying guilt Milan felt for the whole situation. 

But then, she got her head on straight. She took a deep breath that calmed her whirling emotions."Tatiana, let's be fucking for real. If you want a n*gga that literally chose another bitch over you, fine take his ass as soon as he get out the fucking slammer. However, the gun shots better stop by five o'clock tonight." 

Milan knew accepting the wager was one thing, but actually delivering was another. She did want Ramses, but she wanted to live her life with out fear more and if whatever Tatiana was gonna do would allow her to roam free... she had to let it be done. 

"Say less." Tatiana replied finitely before ending the call. 

And for some reason, Milan felt like she'd just signed herself over to the devil.

Feeling rather defeated and definitely on edge about what Tatiana would do, Milan took a nap.

If she didn't she would've had an anxiety induced panic attack.

***

Milan woke up to knocks at her door, when she grumbled her permission from them to enter. She squinted her eyes to see Malcolm in her doorway. 

"There ain't been no shots in 5 hours. Not even a firework done popped off." He told her like he couldn't believe it himself. 

It seemed like Tatiana was a woman of her word. 

"I told you that girl Tati know some shi—"

"Aye yo, Wes just told me Devon just took half our stash from the trap. N*ggas literally let him walk right in and take that shit!" CJ yelled from the living room. Malcolm immediately darted from the doorway to see what CJ was talking about.

The sleep definitely had been shaken out of Milan's spirit as she hopped up and ran to the living room as well. "Why the hell would— who the hell told them where we hid our shit at?" 

Then the two men turned to Milan with their jaws slack.

"Tati. Your lord and savior." Milan deadpanned. She had no sympathy for them.

"When Pharaoh gets out he's gonna burn VD like a dirty stripper. How she just gon—" 

Milan held her hand up to stop his new fearful rant. She was tired of hearing the fear mongering. She wanted them out of her house and to finally be able to be by herself. 

"Y'all wanted the shots to stop. They stopped. I feel safe enough to be by myself now and ain't nobody gon shoot you that you weren't aware of before. Please get out." She told them, standing in the living room and gesturing towards the front door a few feet away.

Malcolm smacked his lips, "Damn, it's like that, Mi? After all we been through?"

The comment caused CJ to smack the back of his head. Malcolm gave him a glare that was strong enough to vaporize him. CJ paid him no mind and walked into the kitchen and grabbed the pot of spaghetti on the stove. He held it up for Milan to see as he walked to the door.