CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE

𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞: 𝐁𝐮𝐳𝐳𝐞𝐝

     Today was going to be hectic. A bachelorette party, the last hoo-hah before you are pushed to domestic life. As the bride's maid of honor, Rowena planned out a wild night. The ladies agreed to meet up at Casita and it seems like the men had the same thoughts. Y/N caught Camilo's gazing on her from the other side of the room, he flashed her a quick smirk before attending to the future groom.

     "I'm getting nervous," Dolores confessed as she wrung her wrists— she didn't really see the point of spending a day in the last week before the wedding separate with her fiancé, she rather just have an intimate dinner with her loved ones. However, Rowena pushed the idea, she was determined to let Dolores have the time of her life.

     Mariano grinned at his fiancée before he was dragged outside by his hollering friends. Camilo lagged behind the group, almost reluctant to come along. He didn't want to admit it but he had weighed out his options of just shifting into a woman so he could join Dolores' party instead. Camilo gave in, waving at Y/N before he go.

     "I have reserved us a spot at a massage spa." Luisa lit up, her muscles had been tensed with all the terrain work she did. Isabela put a hand on her hip, "That's strangely tame of you." Rowena rolled her eyes, "I wasn't finished talking." Dolores felt herself sweat as she braced herself. "We're also going to this pub, all of us are adults, right?" She quizzed, turning to Y/N. "I'm eighteen going nineteen, Ro, you don't have to worry."

     The corner of her lips tilted up in mischief, "Good."

     The gusty steam lulls them to a sleepy state. Y/N wasn't initially too keen on the idea given that customers have to strip and only have a towel for cover, but the masseuses were female so it was rather comfortable. "You and Camilo, huh?" Rowena was on her left, she had her head turned to Y/N as her masseuse worked on her back. "What are you talking about?" Y/N flushed.

     "Oh don't act so coy, we all saw that longing looks you two were exchanging earlier." Mirabel piped in. Everyone was unsure of where the two stood; were they even considered friends at this point? Y/N stayed silent, she didn't really have the time to process the progression of her friendship with Camilo. She likes him but to what extent? 

     She curled her bottom lip— this was a dilemma and she was scared to find out the answer. "I don't really know, what if I thought wrong and damage was done?" She thought out loud. Mirabel hummed, "Just my opinion, friends don't blush that much." And that was the end of the conversation.

     He was the summer sun to her rainy days. Would it be so wrong to be content with what they currently have? There was always this lingering possibility of losing him if she muddied their relationship. She had lived through many heartbreaks, not one was worth it.

    The spa ended quickly and as they stumbled out, Y/N felt like she was stuck in a daze. Fortunately, the pub was nearby and by late noon, they had already arrived. The tavern was dimly lit, making the mahogany wood appear more reddish in color. There were a few people littered across the place, they were all immersed in their own conversations.

     "Hermano, I'll get the usual." Rowena leaned on the counter. "One Chicha." Her brother, the bartender, noted. Luisa cautiously scanned the place while Isabela shrugged and decided to entertain Rowena. "I'll get an aguardiente." The bartender whistled, "Someone's brave." 

     Mirabel and Luisa got their orders as well but they went for a safer route that wouldn't get them hammered. Y/N nervously laughed when the bartender gave her his full attention, waiting for her choice of poison. "Do you guys serve juice?" Rowena cackled before cooing, "Not drinking tonight?" Y/N scratched her nape.

     Call her a prude but drinking was one of the things she avoid. Addiction might've run from the family and that was enough to make her stir away. "What are you so afraid of, chica?" Rowena sultrily slurred, earning a disapproving look from Dolores.

     As if something clicked in her, Y/N fiercely eyed the bartender who challengingly raised a brow at her. "I'll get what Isa's having." 

     Camilo didn't expect that his night would be spent comforting a sad drunk Mariano. The two of them sat by the corner while the rest of Mariano's jocky friends danced. Camilo awkwardly patted his back as he sobbed in his hands, "I miss her already!" Camilo already memorized his continuous whining— he doesn't know whether to be amused or annoyed.

     "This is the saddest bachelor party in history," Camilo grumbled, pinching the bridge of his nose. His mind slowly wandered over to what Y/N was doing; her bridesmaid duties busied her. "I want to see her now." Mariano wailed loudly in Camilo's ear. 

     The drunken groom abruptly stood up and pushed past the tired teen. "Don't worry, mi vida, I'm coming!" He proclaimed, running out of the club. One of the groomsmen noticed, he gaped at Camilo. "Don't sweat it, I'll go get him." 

     Mariano was surprisingly fast and even in his tipsy state, he knew the directions to where Dolores' party was. Camilo wasn't really trying hard to stop him, he too saw the silver lining in the situation. Soon enough, Camilo was running at the same lane as Mariano, maybe even overtaking him. The pub came into his view and he could already hear a bunch of cheering from inside.

     To his surprise, the entirety of the customers was chanting Y/N's name. He grabbed Mariano by the arm and pulled him inside. The people crowded over one table with a red-faced Y/N on top, she was clumsily swaying to the beat of the music. Her half-lidded eyes widened when she spotted him, she jumped off the table causing the majority to yelp in worry. 

     "Hey, it's you!" Y/N gasped. At this point, Camilo had forgotten about Mariano who had tackled his sister for a hug. "I know you!" She poked his nose. Her head felt light and her body was on fire, she took a step forward. Camilo held her waist, her legs were wobbly. "How many did you drink?" His question whizzed past her brain, she pressed herself closer to his torso.

     Camilo's heart was going crazy, his senses were heightened. He could feel her finger twirling a loose curl, sending shivers down his spine. "Y/N." He weakly called. The girl merely hummed, her shoulders drooped. "Let's get you home, mi querida." 

     The journey to her apartment was a troubling mess, Y/N had two left feet. Halfway through it, Camilo swept her off the ground and carried her. She was now sound asleep in his arms, softly snoring. He lumbered up the stairs and retrieved his spare key from his pocket.

    He made it to her bedroom, gently setting her down on the soft mattress. Camilo huffed, his gaze falling into her peaceful face. Just as he was about to leave, the floorboard creaked. She stirred awake, sleepily mumbling, "Camilo?"  Sighing, he sat on the foot of her bed.

     Something was audibly bugging her. Rowena's voice muffled amidst her racing thoughts, she scrunched up her face. "Don't leave me." She was clearly intoxicated, she wore her emotions in her sleeves. "I'm scared." Camilo lowly chuckled as he comfortingly rubbed her arm. "I'll stay until you fall asleep." He whispered. It was enough for her, her eyelashes fluttered close as she sleepily smiled at him.