Types of tvd fanfics

In this chapter, I will be talking about the different kinds of tvd fanfictions as there is a variety of said fiction.

Some are good, most of them are bad, overall, it's just a messy ass pile which I will be sorting, all for your entertainment.

Let's see how this goes:

Type one:

The "Other Gilbert" books that stars the usual fan-favorite, basic, quirky, Gilbert twin who seems to despise Elena so damn much you wonder how she went 17 years without killing her so-called, "Attention-Seeking Whore" of a sister.

Always played by Victoria Justice because no one takes a moment to comprehend the fact that they are not even the same race, is a badass (or at least, her version of badass with the black lipstick and piercings), and is best known for being "Not Like Other Girls".

Admit it, you have read at least three books that are titled "The Other Gilbert" that matches the above description in this site/app

Intolerable.

Type two:

The Hope Mikealson copy-paste that has zero logic of how the OC became a tribrid.

For example, the mother and father are human, yet the OC (who is always a girl) is somehow a mega-powerful witch, and of werewolf royalty. Killed by Klaus Mikealson almost all the time while accidentally having vampire blood in her system.

RIP logic. May she rest in peace.

Type three:

The one LGBTQ+ book that has a male OC which has a total of ten to twenty chapters before getting discontinued for whatever reason that may or may not concern the readers.

In some cases, said book does get completed, except the OC is a girl and most likely only has nineteen chapters that will take ten minutes to complete each.

Also has an extra-terrible representation of how gay/les/bi/trans/queer people are and sometimes refers to homosexuality as "a phase".

For example, say the OC is lesbian but comes out of her "phase" and is straight again because she meets the right man. Or a gay who follows all the main stereotypes of male gays including having an overly feminine voice, being fond of clothes and shopping, being flamboyant as fuck, listening to show tunes all the time, and so on.

This is purely just homophobic and you have no idea how many people get hurt by the poor representation of the LGBTQIA community. And this applies to fiction in general, not just tvd fanfictions.

Type four:

The Bonnie Bennett sister/cousin fanfictions which seem to be the only one that depicts a POC character who, most of the time is played by Zendaya.

The OC is for absolutely no reason, mind you-treated like shit in the family, and is also somehow a mega-powerful witch.

Type five:

The actually good fanfictions that take over roughly two percent of the hashtag, tvdfanfiction.

Still has a brunette white girl, but isn't played by Crystal Reed or Victoria Justice. Still has the basic plot, but the writing is slightly readable and makes the plot seem, not-that-basic.

Overall, has pros and cons, but is worth your time.

Type six:

The typical mikealson sister/twin plot. In the case of a twin, it's usually Klaus or Kol's sister even though Rebekah and Henrik exist.

In the case of a sister, usually, the youngest and for some reason is often mistreated. In both cases, she is usually named something modern like Olivia or Emily and is a mega-powerful tribrid which doesn't even make sense. Especially in the twin sister plots.