Chapter 1 - Adjusting To Life

I gently push the glass door ajar, scrambling inside to avoid any more unpleasant drops of rain dripping and splashing on me. God I wish I brought a coat... How stupid of me.
I run my hand through my long, multicoloured hair, brushing out any excess raindrops that have somehow found their way inside. I continue forward, running my hand across the dark, leather seat that's connected to a 1978 Honda CB250T bike which sits stagnantly upright next to me. Babe's bike shop. I seem to be coming here a lot lately. It just feels so calm, a place I can get away and chill. "Anyone here?" I shout out, hoping for his response. It seems pretty empty, despite the fact that I saw six or seven customers leaving earlier when I was on my way here.
I step forward reluctantly. Surely he's here, otherwise it wouldn't be open... I walk around some more, inspecting the selection of bikes as boredom swiftly creeps up on me. I pull my phone out in an attempt to message him, my body turned away towards the door. Upon finding his name in my phone, I begin spamming him, asking him where the hell he is. Halfway through writing a message, I freeze, as the sound of footsteps instantly grasps my attention. All of a sudden, without any warning, an easily distinguishable arm wraps itself around my waist, pulling me backwards. I gasp a little, quickly looking up to see him looking back down at me, his smile lighting up the whole room. "You scared me!" I say to him quietly. He responds with a simple sigh, leaning down and pressing a soft kiss to my pale forehead. I giggle a little, pressing back against him a little. "Sorry" he replies, his deep, tired voice sending shivers across my body. "Hm you're soaked..." he whispers to me, unwrapping the jacket from around his waist. "Yeahh, it started raining after I'd left, I didn't bring a coat or anything" I whisper back miserably. He smirks, placing his chequered jacket around me in an attempt to warm me up. "I'll go put the heating on, may help warm you up" he says, pulling away a little. I rapidly turn round, pulling him back towards me. "Hm, you know what would warm me up?" I ask him, a smirk of my own forming now as well. He looks back confused, yet also intrigued upon watching my playful actions. I giggle a little, before placing both hands on his cheeks, and drawing him down for a kiss. He doesn't object. Instead, he places a hand on my hip as our lips meet for the first time tonight. His warm lips comfort me more than anything else on this planet... I decide to take my hands away from his face, placing my right at the back of his head, indulging in his long black hair, and my left downwards, playing with the bottom of his pearl white shirt. After a little while, I pull back, observing the cute blush that has formed on his cheeks where my hands once rested. "That was a nice surprise Y/N" he says to me calmly, stepping back slightly as his caliginous eyes stare out the window. "Hey it's still raining, wanna hang out back for a while, until it dies down?" I instantly nod and clap my hands together childishly, rushing over to link arms with him as he wanders through the hall, and into his room at the back of the shop. "I'm glad we get to live like this you know..." I say to him. "Without me having to worry about you getting hurt or hurting others..."