Chapter 59 - The Day I Walked Out Of Hell

"Hinata!" I hear an unspecified voice bellow out in a direction that at first appears so far away. Gradually a group of us turn, including me, Kazutora, and Hinata herself. It takes a determined moment but eventually the face becomes recognisable at last, racing past the ambulances and now even police cars that even he's associated with. "Naoto!" Hina cries, racing through the group circle and out into the evening light as the siblings draw closer and closer to a comforting encounter. In an instant the two embrace, Naoto dragging her close for a fervent hug that lasts almost endlessly. I smirk, delightfully viewing their moment as policemen race to the scene. At first they seem skeptical and frustrated, but it doesn't take many more steps for them to notice it's actually Naoto. I'm glad they've finally reunited, and he knows she's safe, since I managed to lose the only communication device he provided us with. "It's too warm" Wakasa mumbles, suddenly appearing behind me as if he's newly phased into existence. His statement is confusing, as in my opinion the balance of descending sunlight and blustery wind is flawless. It appears their time here is finally up, Wakasa leading out as Senju and Benkei follow, still limping however although he seems to have recovered remotely. "Hey" I call out to Senju, who produces an insubstantial glance in my direction. "It'll be okay, I promise". It's not for me to say what's right or wrong in her life now, but all I can do is conjure some sort of hope and friendship for her, since she's supported me through all of this. At last she smiles. It's not a firm or well-built smile, but obviously she's trying her best to view the positives. At least we're all alive. Well, most of us. There's always time to mourn those who were sadly taken, some even right in front of my eyes. I wave goodbye to the trio, who only give nods back although their eyes seem grateful, and that's enough for me. A total of three nurses rush to Benkei's side, sitting down in the back of an ambulance for an inspection of what are quite frightful injuries. Senju clings to Waka, the two waiting outside for the medics to complete a verdict for Benkei's foreseeable future. It seems that's where everyone's focus is for the meantime along with Angry. With such a battered leg attention needs to be brought immediately, and finally care finds its way to Souya's doorstep. Smiley and Peh-yan place him in the care of the ambulance staff, who instantaneously rush to comfortablely get him into the ambulance and into some sort of surgery to fix his broken leg. "I see more people!" a voice screams out, and before I know it at least five men are rushing forward towards the doors of the school near to where the firemen stand, their hoses depleting nearly all flames now. In that moment I feel numb, yet I invoke enough strength in me to turn and see who's marching on out of hell so late into our story. Instantly I recognise Kakucho. He seems incredibly tired and dim, staggering out into the evening gleam which messes with his already hazy vision. I wait eagerly for Tatsuo to emerge. To confirm his breathing existence in this cruel world. Nothing however. Not for the first few second anyway, until I foolishly realise that Tatsuo has already crawled his way out. I watch as Kakucho collapses to his knees, letting a human down off of his back, his long hair flowing down over his face. "Tatsuo!" Chifuyu cries, sprinting past me and all the officers around so he can be by his friend's side. "Sir please let us handle this" one man states, but it doesn't even deserve a glance from Chifuyu as he slides down by the brothers' side. I take the chance to follow in his footsteps, sprinting over as the sun finally begins to take its final plunge. Sitting him up it's obvious he's breathing, but the weight of everything has caused him to faint from all the exhaustion. I try my best to sit by him, but the group of doctors and nurses racing over makes it harder for me to even get a look in. I know they're just doing their best to help him, but at the same time I want to be first by his side or course. Eventually I decide it's best to let them do their job, scooping both men up and bringing them to the ambulance as injuries dance and gambol all across their bodies and faces. I let Chifuyu arise before walking on with him behind the large group of officials tasked with bringing the two back to their feet. All I can hope for now is that their injuries aren't so bad that they could affect them for life. How devastated Tatsuo would be if he couldn't do martial arts anymore. Or even worse, if something horrible happened to Kakucho whilst saving his life.