Chapter 13 - The Devil In Disguise

"So um, you two are twins?" I ask, sitting down with the Kawata brothers. They both nod, Nahoya with his signature positive look and Souya with his predominant snarl and frown. "I've heard quite a bit about you" Nahoya says to me, energetically tapping his foot on the floor. "You seem nice". "Well I'm glad you think that..." I say in response, looking away for a moment. "Don't be frightened by my little brother by the way" I hear Nahoya say to me. "He may seem scary and mean, but really he's a big softie". I giggle, looking over at Souya who's gone all shy. "And don't get confused as well if you hear anyone else say 'Smiley' or 'Angry', they're just our nicknames". "Oh right..." I murmur. These two seem really interesting.
"What's going on over here??" I hear an unrecognisable voice call from behind me. The three of us turn our attention over to see Kazutora making his way over, his hands running through his long, multicoloured hair. "I'm just getting to know new people..." I say to him as he stands himself next to me. Kazutora is the only one I haven't actually spoken to yet. "Fair enough, don't be fooled by these two, they're extremely dangerous" he jokes, looking over at the Kawata brothers. "I''m Kazutora" he says to me, putting a hand on my shoulder. "Yeah Tatsuo mentioned you to me on the way in" I say to him, smiling as a greeting. He smiles back, seemingly happy he's been spoken about. "So how long have you three known Tatsuo?" I ask, working their brains a little. "Well Kazutora has known him longer than us two" Souya says to me, looking over at him in the distance. "Kazutora and Tatsuo are pretty much childhood friends. He was the one who introduced him to the both of us" Nahoya mentions, grinning at Kazutora. "Yeah yeah don't flatter me" he jokes, turning his attention towards me. "I remember the first day you two met, and Tatsuo came over to me and told me all about you, and how apparently he saved you or something. He loves it when he acts all heroic". I giggle. Definitely sounds like him. "I remember that day well myself too" I say to him, reliving the memory once more. "So... Do you have any stories to tell about Tatsuo?" I ask Kazutora, a little more comfortable talking to the three of them than I was before. "Hmm, good or bad?" he asks with a smirk. "Hm how about bad, I'm intrigued". I watch his expression change, as if he's carefully thinking of a story to tell. I wait patiently, noticing the hesitant smile on his face dissappear. "I uh- give me a moment, I forgot to do something". I try to say something, but he's already raced off in the other direction. I look back at the Kawata brothers, both of them shrugging simultaneously. "No clue". I stare over at Kazutora puzzled, observing closely as he starts making random conversation with Hakkai, Senju and Tatsuo talking to each other on the other side of the room as well. "Did I say something wrong...?" I ask, both of them shaking their head. "I'm not sure, I've never heard any bad stories from Kazutora about Tatsuo" Souya states, running a hand over his blue frizzy hair. "Knowing Kazutora he's probably got into trouble with Tatsuo though" Nahoya adds. I think for a bit. "Maybe I should leave it for now..." I say to them, turning around to back away. "I'll be back, it was nice chatting to you both" I say, to which they respond with simple waves. I smile, walking away as I think of who to talk to next, if anyone at all... I harp on to myself for a bit, a tall figure making their way towards me. "Y/N?" I hear Tatsuo call from beside me, striding up to put his hand around my arm. "Are you okay?". I nod, happy he's finally here again. "How did the Kawata brothers treat you then?" he asks, nuzzling his head into my shoulder. I giggle again, looking over to see them talking to each other like they were before. "I love how cool they seemmm" I whisper to him. "I spoke to Kazutora as well". "Oh nice, what do you think?". "Well he seems sweet, but we were talking about how close you two are, and I asked him if he had any bad and interesting stories about you, but he went silent and then walked away like I said something wrong...". Tatsuo takes his head away, looking down at me confused." Hm, I'm not sure why he'd do that... ". "Well if you don't know yourself then something is definitely up. Maybe I should question him about it?" I say to Tatsuo." Ummm I mean- if you want to, if you think it would put your mind at ease miss detective". I nod, laughing upon hearing the end of his sentence. I quickly glance over at Kazutora who's now fixated on his new conversation all of a sudden. "You know what, I think I might..."